PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners click HERE | EMEA/APJ Partners click HERE

How do you process revoke access tasks pulled in an actionable report

VamsheeVazza
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm pulling all the needed revoke access tasks for an application in a report that are not processed.

I want them to be processed when the default action is selected.

what will be the default action to trigger those tasks for provisioning?

8 REPLIES 8

adriencosson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @VamsheeVazza,

Are you talking about tasks that are visible in the "Completed Tasks" menu but with errors ?

You can choose the "Reopen Tasks" action to put them back on "Pending Tasks" so Provisioning will pick them up.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Adrien COSSON

No. For this application we wont process remove tasks when the task comes. we took of remove access tasks from provisioning job.

we have a query to pull these remove tasks only to pull after a requirement is met.

if we use this query in an actionable report, what default action can i use to trigger them and process these?

@VamsheeVazza : There is no action in analytics to process the provisioning tasks only thing you will see reopen the tasks. What is your actual requirement? Why do you want to skip remove access tasks from being processed and then process when a requirement is met? Please explain that requirement, 

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

For this application the regular case will be end user submitting remove access for existing entitlement and add access for new entitlements.

we dont need the remove task completed first. if the remove is completed first and the account has no entitlement the account will be deleted in end system. we need the add access to be completed first.

so we removed the remove access tasks from provisioning job and have a query to pull the remove access tasks for with add access tasks are completed. but we need to some kind of trigger to complete the remove tasks after the add tasks are completed.

@VamsheeVazza : Then you can use Task Execution Hierarchy global setting where you can define order of tasks to be picked up. Here you can select Add Access first and then Remove Access so that while provisioning it process the add access tasks first and then remove access

Admin -> Global Configuration -> Tasks

sk_0-1712929920502.png

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

adriencosson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @VamsheeVazza,

An alternative is : you can create an Enhance Query job to fetch the Remove Access tasks that would need to not be provisioned but completed in Saviynt.

Schedule this Enhanced Query Job more frenquently than Provisioning Job to set the task status as complete for these tasks.

It should help answer your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Adrien COSSON

i'm sorry if i confused you. i do not need the remove access tasks to be completed before provisioning job. I need remove access tasks not to be provisioned till the add access tasks are completed for that account.

Use Task Execution Hierarchy option from global configuration

rushikeshvartak_0-1712890027066.png

Refer https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Config...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.