Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Get 50 characters of customproperty15 if the response we are getting is exceeding the limit

TheSaviyntBoy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

I wanted to know: if I am getting a response from HRMS into customproperty15, but the response is exceeding the limit of how much customproperty15 can store(Varchar(255)).

Is there a way to only slice the first 50 characters of the response I am storing in the customproperty15 if the store limit is getting exceeded.

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

@TheSaviyntBoy Use user's customproperty60-65(Type-Large Text)

Regards,
Sumathi Somala
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

Hi @SumathiSomala,

I am aware about the datatypes of the customproperty60-65, I just wanted to know if the above slicing is possible if I am bring the long response in some other customproperty field of datatype varchar. 

I am using the preprocessor: {
"ADDITIONALTABLES":{
"USERS":"select * from users"
},
"COMPUTEDCOLUMNS":[
"CUSTOMPROPERTY15"
],
"PREPROCESSQUERIES":[
"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET CUSTOMPROPERTY15 = (SUBSTR(NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY15, 1, 50));"
]
}

Thank you. 

@TheSaviyntBoy : Yes it is possible with above inline preprocessor approach but before slicing it i would suggest to check the length of incoming data and if it is more than what you want then you can do substring 

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

You can perform substring , Don't use * in ADDITIONALTABLES - columns instead use selected columns 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.