Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Excluding values in SystemUserName generation

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Our client requires a random three-letter systemusername to be generated while excluding specific values such as the following : 'ADD','ALL','AND','ANY','ASC','END', etc

Is there any way to have this configured in the System UserName Rules?

7 REPLIES 7

mbinsale
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

This is being researched if this can be achieved

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi!  Were you able to find anything on this? We found a slight workaround for this issue but an integrated solution would be much more elegant and possibly easier to maintain over time.  

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Flegare,

This is a very good use case and Thank you for your patience while we worked on this requirement. This can be achieved using the Inline processing and I have created a Knowledge Base article so that it can help the other community members with similar requirements.

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/community-knowledge-base/how-to-generate-a-random-three-letter-systemu...

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

This is great news, thank you!  How can I get access to the KB to see the solution and mark as solved?

I am getting access denied...

Thanks again!

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Flegare,

I have updated the public URL in my previous post. Please check and let me know if you still face any issues and I can work with you to sort it out.

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@saikanumuri , is there any way to apply the same logic to a record created through the user registration form?  I tried applying something similar but unfortunately, the default systemusername rule seems to take precedence

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @saikanumuri ,

Is it possible the inline preprocessor will not evaluate for attribute uniqueness?  I imported two new users from CSV and the preprocessor generated the exact same value for both records.  Repeated with three more records and got the same value in all records.  Repeated with 5 records and got the same behavior.  Please see attachment for details...

Thanks,

Francois