Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Error with multiple dynamic attributes with same value in user column

DavidK
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

in Saviynt version 23.x I set up the Create User form with multiple attributes that generate a username and systemusername dependend on a parent attribute.

Screenshot2.pngScreenshot1.png

I followed this article for the configuration:
https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/saviynt-knowledge-base/configuring-create-register-user-form-in-eic/ta...

At the start of the Create User form is a dropdown to select the type of user you want to create. Dependend on this selection the fields for username and systemusername are displayed.
So for each type in the dropdown exists one dyn. attribute to generate a systemusername with value systemUserName in the User Column.

We recently noticed that having multiple dynamic attributes with the same value in the User Column results in an error after sending the Create User form.

Can someone confirm this behaviour or is my configuration wrong?

Kind regards,
David

14 REPLIES 14

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can have same column name for different use case like employee and contractor

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @DavidK 

Are you getting any error in logs. Kindly share the error message from the logs.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

DavidK
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I changed the workflow to manager approval and now I can give a better error description.

First I create a new user with type consultant and the dynamic attribute generates username B_01.
Then I create a second user with type external and the other dynamic attribute generates username E_01.

After submitting the second user the error message "User name already exist and Its pending for approval" pops up.

DavidK_1-1715334038015.png

It looks to me that the username from the hidden dynamic attribute is stored which should not happen.

I already deleted and recreated the username and systemusername attribute with differen names.

Kind regards,
David

Can you check entries of previous request under request_Access_attrs table

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

DavidK
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I can't find infos about user creation in table request_Access_attrs 

Share data analyzer screenshot with query in text format

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

DavidK
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Endpointkey = 7 is the SAP system I test with.

select REQUEST_ACCESS_ATTRSKEY, ATTRIBUTE_NAME, ATTRIBUTE_VALUE, ORDERINDEX, REQUEST_ACCESS_KEY, ACCOUNTS_COLUMN, ATTRIBUTEGROUP, ATTRIBUTELABLE, ATTRIBUTE_OLDVALUE, DESCRIPTION, EXTERNAL_LINK_RETRY_COUNT, ATTRIBUTE_TYPE
from request_Access_attrs where REQUEST_ACCESS_KEY in (select REQUEST_ACCESS_KEY from request_access_attrs where attribute_name = 'endpoint' and attribute_value = '7')

DavidK_0-1715676819503.png

I'm not sure how this helps with the issue. I can't remove SAP accounts via ARS when the system has dynamic attributes with a value in the accounts column.

Its seems actual issue vs what you responding is not correlated . Initial post is about user column and then there is no link to endpoint here.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

DavidK
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Sorry, please ignore my last reply as this is about a different problem as you mentioned.

About previous entries in table request_access_attrs this is the last user I created via the create user form and is currently pending and waiting for manager approval

UserCreate.png

The query for this result is 

select * from request_access_attrs where REQUEST_ACCESS_KEY = 650

Now when I try to create a new user and with a dynamic attribte that generates a different username I get the error that the username already exists

DavidK_1-1715760577134.png

DavidK_2-1715760660374.png

My conclusion is that the hidden dynamic attribute, which was used for the created user in the first screenshot, is used for my second user as well.

Screenshot 1 have username as K_123913 and Screenshot 2 have B_00003 how its matching ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @DavidK , are you keeping two dynamic attribute for username generation??

DavidK
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak the different dynamic attributes both have username / systemusername in the user column and it looks to me that the system chooses the value from the hidden dynamic attribute for the username / systemusername

@NM I just updated the screenshots in the initial message (one was blurry). There you can see that I have multiple attributes to calculate the username / systemusername. The selectCreateForm attribute has the action string configured so that one of these attributes is displayed.

Please disable below config from global configuration and validate

rushikeshvartak_1-1715913313678.png

Expose hidden dynamic attributes in workflow

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

The option Expose hidden dynamic attributes in workflow is already disabled. I also enabled it and disabled it again but the problem still exists.