Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Error in entitlement owner campaign in step2

Mahes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

We are getting error when we try to access the step 2 (Access/Membership Approval) in Entitlement Owner Campaign. 

Mahes_0-1729080426354.png

Does anyone faced this issue? 

We have launched entitlement owner campaign with multiple entitlements (multiple certifier). One of the certifier can be able to view and complete the certification (note that it has only two users to review) and two users has raised complaint regarding this error (this certification has around 60 users to be reviewed)

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Mahes when do you see the error as soon as user moves to step 2?

If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'

Mahes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@NM yes once the step 1 is done and user clicks next

Mahes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

If you scroll down the error message, it shows like this 

Mahes_1-1729081470802.png

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Mahes could be campaign is corrupted.

If you create a new campaign with same config does it show the same behaviour?

If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'

Mahes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

If the Campaign is corrupted,  it should not work for all the certifiers right? one of the certification in this campaign has been completed successfully. 

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Mahes ideally yes .. any restart happened after the one certification completed?

I will also suggest to raise a support ticket.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Please raise support ticket for issue.
  • It seems issue with elastic index

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Mahes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak thanks for the reply. I have raised support ticket. 

Could you please clear my few doubts regarding the elastic index?

1.  Does elastic index is similar to elastic search, if so do we need to configure elastic data store settings in Global configuration? (in our case we have not set some of the elastic settings)

2. If it is not same, could you please explain the difference between elastic index and elastic search?

3. As far I understand that elastic index is used for retrieving data ,please correct me if I am wrong.

4. Regarding my issue, I didn't find any details regarding elastic index issue in log. Is this common behaviour of Saviynt?

Thank you.

1. Is Elastic Index Similar to Elasticsearch?

Yes, Elasticsearch Index is a core component of Elasticsearch. An index is essentially a data structure that stores documents and enables fast searches, similar to a table in a relational database. Elasticsearch is the search engine platform, while an index is where the data resides within that platform.

Saviynt relies on Elasticsearch for certain features (like Analytics or Reporting), you do need to configure Elasticsearch settings in the Global Configuration. These settings would typically include:
  • Elasticsearch Host and Port
  • Index Name(s)
  • Authentication, if required
    Failure to configure these settings correctly can prevent Saviynt from storing or retrieving data properly.

2. Difference Between Elastic Index and Elasticsearch

• Elasticsearch: The platform that provides a distributed search engine and analytics capabilities.
  • Elastic Index: A logical data storage unit within Elasticsearch, similar to a database table, where documents (data) are stored.

In Saviynt, Elastic indices are used to store and quickly retrieve data used for Analytics or other queries. However, Elasticsearch handles the infrastructure and mechanics of how this data is indexed and queried.

3. Elastic Index Usage for Data Retrieval

You are correct! Elastic indices in Saviynt are used to store and retrieve data efficiently, typically for analytics reports, dashboards, and search operations. When data is indexed in Elasticsearch, it becomes easier to search and aggregate the information quickly through REST APIs or queries.

4. Why You Don't See Elastic Index Errors in Logs

Elastic indexing issues might not always appear in application logs directly. Saviynt might log them in specific logs, such as Analytics logs, Task logs, or Connector logs.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Mahes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak Thanks a lot for your clear explanation. 

@NM Thanks for your reply and yes I have created another campaign with same config and same error persist. I have raised support ticket.

I will update here once support team found the reason. Thank you.

Mahes
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

The reason for our issue is one of the customproperty in Account attribute were mapped to some junk value. Support team figured it out the issue and guided us further. After removing those data using enhanced execution query job, our issue is resolved.

Thanks for your replies.