Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Entitlement management in SAP

r-m
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

In the SAP connector documentation, it is stated that it can be used to import and provisioning accounts and access in SAP ABAP applications.

There is a lot of information about accounts (Configuring the Integration for Importing Accounts and Access (saviyntcloud.com)). However, I haven't been able to find any detailed information on how access can be imported or provisioned if I'm not using SAP GRC.

Is there any other documentation on this topic?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

sai_sp
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@r-m you can use our standard SAP connectors and specify the tables you would like to import data from SAP.

USR02,TSTC,TSTCT,AGR_AGRS,AGR_TEXTS,AGR_DEFINE,AGR_USERS,USORG,AGR_1252,AGR_1251

standard order of tables for import

stalluri
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Please refer this guide.
https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SAP-v23x/page/Content/Integration-Architecture.htm

Best Regards,
Sam Talluri
If you find this a helpful response, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Entitlement management is not supported for sap. You can do access management a

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

Could you please detail the difference here between entitlement and access?

How can i do access management with the SAP connector? 

The documentation mentions it can be done through the Type A Integration. However, in the Configuring the Integration for Provisioning Accounts and Access (saviyntcloud.com) page I can only seem to find steps on how to manage accounts or remove roles. Are there no other actions available for accesses?

sai_sp
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @r-m 

I am not clear on what your requirement is? Can you please elaborate on what you are trying to achieve?

r-m
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello @sai_sp,

What we wish to achieve is to be able to import and provision accounts and accesses in ABAP applications without going through SAP GRC.

There's a lot of information regarding accounts on the connector documentation. However, I haven't been able to find any detailed information on how access can be imported or provisioned if I'm not using SAP GRC.

sai_sp
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@r-m You can use the standard SAP connector for your use cases. You can provide the list of tables to import access from SAP and also provision to it.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@sai_sp 

When you use OOTB SAP connector for Saviynt, you get the feassibility to import the accounts, TCodes, SAPGroups, Profile from target system to EIC.

All these things can be achieved via providing the tables USR02,TSTC,TSTCT,AGR_AGRS,AGR_TEXTS,AGR_DEFINE,AGR_USERS,USORG,AGR_1252,AGR_1251

If your refer this section it will provide you details about various tables :

Prerequisites for Enrolling the Application (saviyntcloud.com)

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos