Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Entitlement Display Name in ServiceNow App

BarCar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Is there a supported way to change the Display Name for an Entitlement in the ServiceNow App? 

From what I can see, the Saviynt generated Catalog Items show the "Display Entitlement/Type" value which is configured as the "display=true" value on the table. This is in the format "Entitlement Type - Entitlement Name" which is clunky for an application with only on Entitlement Type.

So you get a list like:

• OEBS Responsibility - AX General Ledger
  • OEBS Responsibility - AX Fixed Assets
  • OEBS Responsibility - AX Payables
  • OEBS Responsibility - AX Receivables

Which is a bad UX when people already know that they are looking for an OEBS Responsibility and there are no other types.

In ServiceNow I can customise the form Entitlement variable attributes to show additional columns using ref_ac_columns but you can't hide the table display column (ref_ac_display_value=false is a UI property only).

And I can't change the display=tue value on the table to another property since some applications have multiple entitlement types.

So, I guess my question is, can I change how the value in the "Display Entitlement/Type" field is generated? Or can I manually modify it without Saviynt overwriting it on the next sync?

---

Additional information - this is even worse for Active Directory where the display value is something like "Groups - CN=groupname,OU=DistributionGroups,OU=Exchange,DC=somedomain,DC=somefortest,DC=com"

This is terrible UX - what end-user knows the Distinguished Name of a group in AD?  

---

Further detail... this code in the Saviynt Application Helper script include sees especially problematic.

BarCar_0-1688641257001.png

When is a Display Name not the display name?

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Entitlement value can’t be change display name you csn try for one entitlement and find results

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

BarCar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

What do you mean by "try for one entitlement and find results"?

Try changing for any 1 entitlement in saviynt and see if there is any impact

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Yeah - per the ServiceNow code I added to my original post, this "Display Entitlement/Type" value is regenerated on every refresh.

Then its nor configurable - You can raise idea ticket for same

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Barry,

This will be an enhancement and I would recommend raising an idea in the ideas portal. However, I am also checking internally on the possible workaround options and will get back to you.