Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Email to a static User group

fuko
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

I'm trying to create an email template to send notification to a specific User group, but I don't see any binding variable that covers the requirement.

I also tried to print the Group's user email in the body using:

${com.saviynt.ecm.identitywarehouse.domain.Users.findAllByIdInList(com.saviynt.ecm.identitywarehouse.domain.Usergroup_users.findAllByUser_groupkey(com.saviynt.ecm.identitywarehouse.domain.Usergroups.findByUser_groupname("test-usergroup")?.id)?.userkey)?.email.join(',')}

from Solved: Using user groups in email templates - Saviynt Forums - 2820

But I got an error that is binding variable is not supported.

ppt_email_group_error.png

Also tried it on the To, no email were sent.

Is it still possible to put user groups that not having any constrains like Owners or Approver into the To field of email templates?

11 REPLIES 11

fuko
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Here is the attached text of  variables are present to use in the email template, using the below expression

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Please confirm where email template is attached and what is trigger point

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

Saathvik
All-Star
All-Star

@fuko : Enable Advanced HTML CSS and see if that works

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

fuko
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @rushikeshvartak , @Saathvik 

@rushikeshvartak  wrote:
Please confirm where email template is attached and what is trigger point

I'm trying to create it for Access Request workflows and Entitlement Owners campaign. The static user group will receive notification email but no need to participate in the workflow or campaign.

• For workflow, the email template is on TASK: Resource Owner Approval and Activity: Grant/Reject Access
  • For campaign, the email template trigger on campaign creation and completion
  • Though I prefer the email template to always work on anything it is assigned on

@Saathvik wrote:

@fuko : Enable Advanced HTML CSS and see if that works

It didn't work, still got the same error.

Do you see any error in logs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

fuko
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

There's seemed to be only 2 lines of log created when the error happened, no related error log is found.

2024-04-09T10:44:27+07:00-ecm-domain.EcmEmailTemplateController-http-nio-8080-exec-83-c6vjr-DEBUG-Inside checkIfEmailContainsEcpAttribute
2024-04-09T10:44:27+07:00-ecm-domain.EcmEmailTemplateController-http-nio-8080-exec-72-c6vjr-DEBUG-Audit entries for create email Template is taken care in SAVE action

Error when workflow/certification is triggered 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

fuko
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I can't create the email template, so I didn't get the chance to use it on workflow or campaign.

I tried getting individual User email and it worked.

${com.saviynt.ecm.identitywarehouse.domain.Users.get(9)?.email}

But every time I tried with User_groups or Usergroup_usersI got the binding variable not supported error.

Please attach to workflow and test or test attaching to user update rule

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

fuko
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Found this discussion happened more than a year ago

User group in mail template - issue still exists - Saviynt Forums - 37507

Maybe the Usergroups and Usergroup_users classes are also not exposed in 23.11

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@fuko I even tried to fetch the email for user groups but its not working in v23.10/v23.11

Lets await from other folks to confirm if this is either fixed or enahancement is in progress for higher versions.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos