Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Email generation from systemusername

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Trying to concatenate systemUserName and a custom string as part of email generation rule and Saviynt constantly forgets about the systemUserName.

Even though systemUserName is properly generated,  email shows up as '@domain'

Rule definition

flegare_0-1707686758316.png

Result after import:

flegare_1-1707687028130.png

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Use advanced configuration 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Can you try something like this :

case when (users.employeetype = 'Contractor') THEN concat ('C-', users.username) ELSE users.username END

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I had given this a try and got stumped by an interesting Saviynt behavior...  it hates having > evaluations in the condition...  my condition was LOCATE('-',users.firstName) > 0.  Changed it for = 0 and switched around the actions and it works now, but still not with SystemUserNam

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I had tried using the advanced configuration but it appears as systemUserName is also being generated on the initial import, there is no value available for email assignment

I tried running another import after creation with only email address generation and a sytemUserName existing but it still could not pick it up.

Should it be possible to generate email after identity creation?

The solution I am considering now is to duplicate the systemUserName rules into email generation but it would not guarantee the value used for systemUserName would be the email prefix

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

All tests were unsuccessful.  I wasn't able to use the email generation on an existing identity.

Solution identified is to build the email from systemUserName through preprocessor as part of subsequent user import.

If anyone has a better idea, I'll take it...