Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Dynamic attribute not mapping values to user’s table

SDS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

In user create form we have organization selection dynamic attribute which needed to be mapped into user’s customer column.

In organization selection at ARS, we are getting organization name and user’s customer column stores key so added one more dynamic attribute which will convert customer key to customer name and map into user’s customer column.

Eg: org_selection will have organization name and org_key will store customer key in ‘customer’ column.

Sucheta_2-1690523343363.png

We are storing manager value in similar way there it is successfully getting mapped. Attribute ‘manager’ lists user in ARS form and managerid stored it in user’s manager column as id

Sucheta_0-1690523130946.png

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @SDS  May I know the ask here?

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

SDS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@naveenss , Upon organization selection at user create form it should store selected organization in user's customer column.

Thanks!

Hi @SDS  please try mapping the organization name itself to the user's customer attribute. This is working in v2021. I'm expecting this to work in your version also. 

Quick question, are you trying this user creation from a custom SAV role?

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

SDS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@naveenss , I tried that but it did not get mapped to user's customer. However if I try to map it to other attribute suppose 'title', key gets stored there.

Also in request details, no details of organization selection presents

Sucheta_0-1690526380111.png

Thanks!

@SDS  Sounds interesting. Can you check in logs and share for further debugging please?

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur

SDS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@naveenss EXT1000070 is the user where organization got updated into title attribute. 

Sucheta_0-1690528761485.png

EXT1000071 is the user where I kept customer mapping which is not happened. I have attached logs separately for both users

Sucheta_1-1690529108161.png

Thanks!

@SDS  The configurations seems to be correct. I saw an error in the logs. Do you have any custom JAR deployed? Below is the error found in the logs.

"2023-07-28T07:22:38.995+00:00","ecm","","","","28-Jul-2023 07:22:38.499 WARNING [http-nio-8080-exec-15] groovy.sql.Sql$AbstractQueryCommand.execute Failed to execute: select (concat(SUBSTRING( firstname, 1,1), lastname,'-') as property from users users where users.USERKEY=3441 because: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'as property from users users where users.USERKEY=3441' at line 1"
"2023-07-28T07:22:38.500+00:00","ecm","services.SaviyntCommonUtilityService","http-nio-8080-exec-15","ERROR","Error in running Advanced Config Query rule: "
"2023-07-28T07:22:38.995+00:00","ecm","","","","com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'as property from users users where users.USERKEY=3441' at line 1	at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:408)	at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:383)	at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1062)	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4208)	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4140)	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:2597)	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2758)	at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2820)	at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2769)	at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeQuery(StatementImpl.java:1569)	at com.saviynt.ecm.services.SaviyntCommonUtilityService$_getUniqueSystemUserName_closure7.doCall(SaviyntCommonUtilityService.groovy:592)	at 

Also, just to test a simple organization dynamic attribute, can you please create the below and let me know the result?

dynamic attribute name: userOrg

attribute type: Single Select from SQL Query

Value: select customername as ID from customer

user column: customer

Editable on create: true

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur

SDS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@naveenss Yes, custom jar is deployed. I created simple dynamic attribute as mentioned and here is logs attached for it. Customer column did not update.

Thanks!