Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Decommissioning a retired application

nitishdas
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

We have a requirement to decommission a retired application. So, before decommissioning the application do we need to deativate all the entitlements and remove the remove access for all the accounts of the application and then we need to disable the Security System of the application or if we directly disable the security system all the above tasks will be done automatically?

7 REPLIES 7

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @nitishdas,

If there are no tasks, requests, certifications associated and just the application and the account entitlement data came in through the import, you can go to Admin > Security System 

select the required system and click on delete. It will delete the corresponding endpoint, entitlements, accounts from the system.

Bit there are other modules like requests, certs, tasks associated, you can make the endpoint non requestable and deactivate the entitlements, accounts etc.

Thanks,

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Disable Security System

Disable Endpoint

Disable Connection (i.e. rename it as _Offboarded)

Mark all accounts as suspended from import service  and add - Deleted tag in the account name via Custom query job

Mark all the entitlements part of the endpoint as inactive

Remove the cron expression from the trigger or delete the job

Wipe off all the custom properties of the endpoint (in case any processing was done based on the endpoint custom properties)

Modify the user updates rules in case the endpoint was used anywhere.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Hello,

Can we disable the security system and the endpoint in case of disconnected application(just using snow connection for creating requests for application side) and could you please let me know how can we mark the accounts as suspended from import service as this I am not aware?

You can disabled SS and EP.

For making the accounts as SUSPENDED FROM IMPORT, please use custom query job.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Will there be a toggle option to disable the SS and EP or I need to use some APIs bcz I can’t see any options to disable these in UI

For Security System, disable with custom query .

Endpoint can be disabled from UI.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi

update securitysystems set status=0 where systemname='SSNAME' limit 1;

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.