Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Dataset in Technical Rules & User Update rules

AmarSimha
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

We are looking to make use of dataset functionality for one of our integration. 

Requirement - Using the technical rule account should be provisioned only to the users having certain specified email domain. 

Steps so far - We have created a dataset with single column listing all the email domains and calling an select statement to check if the user email domain is in the pre-defined dataset.

The query seems to be working from data analyzer but the same is returning invalid condition when preview is performed in technical rule.

So, just want to understand if the usage of datasets is feasible from Technical Rule and user update rule. The below post says its feasible but seems to be not working even though the query is similar.

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/is-it-possible-to-call-datasets-in-technical-or-us...

Kindly share your views.

10 REPLIES 10

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @AmarSimha,

We are checking on your request and we will keep you posted.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Can you share your configs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

AmarSimha
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@rushikeshvartak @DixshantValecha : Below is the Query I am trying in the Technical Rule.

a.email IS NOT NULL AND (substring_index(a.email,'@',-1) in (SELECT dataset_values.attribute1 from dataset_values where dataset_values.datasetname = 'dataset'))

a.email IS NOT NULL AND (substring_index(a.email,'@',-1) in (SELECT attribute1 from Dataset_Values where datasetname = 'dataset'))

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@rushikeshvartak : Thank you for the update. I do see that the dataset values name is modified. Is this for HQL and also is there a reference to all the table names format that we should be using for HQL? I am aware of Users. But, want to see if there any documentation around it for the other tables as well.

I have pasted several in below post https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/java-table-schema-names/m-p/61386#M39844 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @AmarSimha,

We would appreciate it if you could provide feedback on the effectiveness of the queries provided below:

1. Query 1:
```sql
a.userkey=268117 and a.customproperty64 in (select distinct dataset_values.attribute1 from dataset_values where dataset_values.datasetname = 'City' )
```

2. Query 2:
```sql
a.email IS NOT NULL AND (substring_index(a.email,'@',-1) in (SELECT dataset_values.attribute1 from dataset_values where dataset_values.datasetname = 'dataset'))
```

When utilizing these queries, please inform us of any encountered issues or errors, and if possible, kindly share the specific error messages logged.

Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated. Should you have any questions or require further clarification, feel free to reach out.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

AmarSimha
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@DixshantValecha : I am not sure if I understand the ask correctly, do you want me to test the queries again? I do not see any change in the queries I had shared. Please confirm

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @AmarSimha,

I am writing to inquire about the status of the queries that were recently tested. If you have already conducted the tests, could you please furnish me with the relevant details? Specifically, I am interested in understanding the observations and findings derived from the logs during the comparison process of both the queries.

You need to have class name from java code exactly same

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak