Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Dataset creation

sk
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Team,

We have a requirement where when an enduser selects a region(EMEA, AMERICA, ASIA PACIFIC), 

if user selects EMEA region then it should show (GA,GC) under market, if user selects America region then it should show (NA,LA)

If user selects GA under market then it should show (BALTICS,BULGARIA) under geo, if user selects GC under market then it should show (AFRICA) under geo

Attribute1 - Region

Attribute1- market

Attribute3- Geo

how can we achieve this through data sets.

can someone help on this

7 REPLIES 7

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @sk,

1. Have one to one combination of each record (csv file of UTF-8 encoded max 10,000 records) and upload below combinations

• PremMahadikar_4-1714512306416.png

2. Follow the documentation to upload the datasets - Creating Datasets (saviyntcloud.com)

3. Once done, Preview screens

• Dataset preview

PremMahadikar_6-1714512634442.png

• Data analyzer  preview

PremMahadikar_3-1714512275995.png

4. Now access the data in dynamic attributes

Single Select SQL Query
DA1RegionSELECT DISTINCT ATTRIBUTE3 AS ID FROM dataset_values WHERE datasetname = 'Regionmarket' ORDER BY ATTRIBUTE1 ASC
DA2MarketSELECT DISTINCT ATTRIBUTE2 AS ID FROM dataset_values WHERE datasetname = 'Regionmarket' and ATTRIBUTE3 = '${region}' ORDER BY ATTRIBUTE1 ASC
DA3GeoSELECT DISTINCT ATTRIBUTE1 AS ID FROM dataset_values WHERE datasetname = 'Regionmarket' and ATTRIBUTE2 = '${market}' ORDER BY ATTRIBUTE1 ASC

Configure parent and child DA to achieve selected combinations!

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

sk
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @PremMahadikar ,

THanks for the response.

I have tried with the above approach but the values are not populating under dropdown for Market and Geo

SriRanga_0-1714560689216.png

Could you please let me know if I am missing anything here

@sk ,

I see the dataset value in region DA, which mean the values are retrieved from dataset table. I believe, the query would be correct in other DA as well.

Please make sure, you have proper parent child mapping. 

1. My region DA config

PremMahadikar_0-1714561579351.png2. My market DA config

PremMahadikar_1-1714561641288.png

Small change in query, use the below. This is working for me.

DA1RegionSELECT DISTINCT ATTRIBUTE3 AS ID FROM dataset_values WHERE datasetname = '<your dataset name>' ORDER BY ATTRIBUTE1 ASC
DA2MarketSELECT DISTINCT ATTRIBUTE2 AS ID FROM dataset_values WHERE datasetname = '<your dataset name>' and ATTRIBUTE3=${region} ORDER BY ATTRIBUTE1 ASC
DA3GeoSELECT DISTINCT ATTRIBUTE1 AS ID FROM dataset_values WHERE datasetname = '<your dataset name>' and ATTRIBUTE2=${market} ORDER BY ATTRIBUTE1 ASC

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

sk
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

It was working fine, Thank you

@sk ,

I missed to mention above, small change is 'remove quotes' in child DA. Its ${region} and not '${region}'

SELECT DISTINCT ATTRIBUTE2 AS ID FROM dataset_values WHERE datasetname = 'Regionmarket' and ATTRIBUTE3=${region} ORDER BY ATTRIBUTE1 ASC

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

@sk,

Thats great it worked! Please click the 'Accept As Solution' button on the reply (or replies) that best answered your original question.

For the new requirement,

1. Have another combination in your dataset for country and upload the same.
  2. As its only for visibility, config the DA exactly like below

PremMahadikar_0-1714566405723.png

It works!

sk
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

We have one more requirement 

Geocountry (for visibility only)
AdriaticsCroatia
AdriaticsMontenegro
AdriaticsSerbia
AfricaSlovenia

If the user select Geo as 'Adriatics' then it should show country('Croatia',Montenegro,Serbia)

if the user selects Geo as ' Africa' then it should show country ('Slovenia')

The country should be for the visibility purpose only no need of selection

could you please advise