Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Dashboards - how to get the data from Dashboard Query?

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I want to make a simple dashboard but the docs are such poorly written that I'm unable to figure that out.

Any ways here's what I have, I want to display a tile with the total user count:

yogesh_1-1672851989466.png

But I get:

yogesh_2-1672852027996.png

All the samples provided in the Docs are hardcoded, which is not very helpful as it just prints whatever is in the json:

yogesh_3-1672852343455.png

yogesh_4-1672852380872.png

Just like that in entire Doc the values are hardcoded, and even with such great wall of text I can not decipher how to get the simplest dashboard working.

2 REPLIES 2

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

rushikeshvartak_0-1672853062887.png

SELECT COUNT(MITIGATINGCONTROLID) AS 'totalCount' FROM mitigatingcontrols;

[{"tileType":1,"data":2,"displayName":"Mitigating Controls","clickable":"no","chartType":"icon-warning-sign","objectName":"","className":"dashboard-stat orange-new","category":"","clickType":"category"}]

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Thanks Rushikesh,

I found out that there was an error in my query ("as" appears twice), so instead of throwing any errors Saviynt was just showing whatever I put into the "data": field. 

I tried after correcting the query and it seems that data field is updated automatically with the current value when you save the Dashboard. The docs never call out this behavior and combined with no error messages this became a real head scratcher for me.