Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

CUSTOMQUERYJOB Query

Rayomand
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello,
I am trying to run this query once but the job keeps failing and I cant see any error , not sure what the issue is

update users set username = SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(username, '_', -3), '_', 1),
email = SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email, '_', -3), '_', 1) where
statuskey = 0 and
employeetype = 'Guest' and
email like '%_DeActivated' and
SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email, '_', -3), '_', 1) not in (select
email
from users
where
statuskey = 1 and
email not like '%_DeActivated')

Rayomand_0-1697785066668.png

7 REPLIES 7

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Rayomand 

Thanks for reaching out to Saviynt forums.

Could you please confirm where you are using the above query. I can see the query updates few things on users with employee type "Guest" and email containing string "_DeActivated". Are there any users in your environment which satisfies these conditions. This seems to be a sample query which need to be modified as per the requirements.

Regards,
Dhruv Sharma
If this reply answered your question, please accept it as Solution to help others who may have a similar problem.

Rayomand
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello,

The query is meant to update the username and email id of some guest users.       
I am using it in the custom query job in my testing environment.
There  are many users that exist with the conditions specified.
Its not a sample query but the exact one that I want to execute but it keeps failing and I am not sure why?

img3.jpg

img4.jpg

  

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Please check the logs and also validate the users satisfying select query in data analyzer.

select * from users where
statuskey = 0 and
email like '%_DeActivated' and
SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email, '_', -3), '_', 1) not in (select
email
from users
where
statuskey = 1 and
email not like '%_DeActivated'

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Rayomand
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I ran the select before the update its working fine,  the query u have used in ur reply is missing the inner query which is a crucial part,
I am unable to find anything in the logs

You can’t have same table in update and where clause. You extract username where you want to perform change and add into condition 

update users set username = SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(username, '_', -3), '_', 1),
email = SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email, '_', -3), '_', 1) where
statuskey = 0 and
email like '%_DeActivated' and username in ()

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hello,
      Is there an issue with  "not in" sql condition ?
as I tried to execute a query with it and it failed, as a test I just put "in" and it worked, if this is an issue I will have to re-write the query as the number of users for the condition that works using "in"  is  huge.

There is no issue in not in 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.