Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Questions on REST Sav4Sav connection

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

We are trying to build our first Sav4Sav REST connector from Sav4Sav DB connection by going through this forum article https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/sav4sav-rest-user-import-and-modifyuserdatajson-im...

I did used same query from DB connection and created a analytic report with type "using SQL Query" and below are the questions I have

1. I am using https://ssm-dev-domain.ssmcloud.net/ECM/api/v5/fetchControlDetailsES and I came to know that this API will not run the analytics and it will only display the records from latest run analytic history. Please let me know if I am misinterpreting this. 
    • If the above statement is correct, then how can I run the analytic report of type "Using SQL Query" when I hit the API and what is API call to do it.  Because I need the REST Sav4Sav importuserjson to run the analytics and get the latest dataset,
    • Is analytic type "Using SQL Query" is the right type of analytics for Sav4Sav REST connector ?
  2. when calling https://ssm-dev-domain.ssmcloud.net/ECM/api/v5/fetchControlDetailsES we are getting only 500 records, can you point me to forum or an importuserjson which shows me to how to use pagination for Saviynt Apis

[This post has been edited by a Moderator to remove sensitive information.]

27 REPLIES 27

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Refer below post for pagination and fetch analytics will use to fetch data. Run analytics api will run analytics report 

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/unable-to-populate-usercustomproperty-based-on-sav...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak if we use runAnalyticsControls api then the API is not waiting to get the response, it simply states "jon starte successfully"

Definitely this api is not something we can leverage in importuserjson since this API is just fire and forget . If my importuserjson has two calls call1 and call2,  I cannot use this API in call1 as there is no confirmation that call2 "fetchControlDetailsES" is going to get latest call1 (runAnalyticsControls) results.

Can you let me know, what is the Saviynt suggested process here, how can we ensure that whenever an user import job is running for SAV4SAV REST connection, Saviynt is working on demand analytic history. Instead of picking up the last run analytic history data set. 

RajeshA_0-1715628375957.png

[This message has been edited by moderator to mask URL]

@RajeshA : Use Fetch Runtime Controls Data V2: http://<domain>/ECM/api/v5/fetchRuntimeControlsDataV2  API and create a runtime analytics. This should run the analytics and give you output of data.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Make sure you create run time report. Run time report for every call it runs and store latest data

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I created a runtime analytics with no attributes and hitting the url but receiving 403 status code

RajeshA_2-1715703286822.png

I believe it is permission issue, but I don't see any more analytics access to add for the role configured to the api user sav role which is Role_Admin. 

RajeshA_1-1715703129667.png

And I did research in forum and whatever body I am sending, I do see there is one forum for which they are able to receive the data (with only analytics name and max) fields https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/saviynt-for-saviynt-saviyntforsaviyntaccountimport...

[This post has been edited by a Moderator to remove sensitive information.]

@RajeshA : Do you have any runtime variable in query?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

no variables, it is a same sql query which I am using in DB Sav4SAv connection. I copied that query and created runtime analytics query.

Did you added report under sav role ?

rushikeshvartak_0-1715739789313.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak After your comment I added my report under analytics for SAV role that is tied up to my API user.  I did clear request map and still getting same 403 forbidden error

RajeshA_0-1715774792580.png

RajeshA_1-1715774905812.png

RajeshA_2-1715775045662.png

Is adding analytic report to SAV role is necessary ? because without that step I am able to run the report with a login user having same sav role.

Does your report is runtime ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak yes it is a run time report. Below image shows that we see a clock button after report name which differentiate that this is a runtime report

RajeshA_0-1715778145202.png

are you able to run other apis 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Yes, I am able to run token api to get the token and using that token I am able to call other api's Below are couple examples. 

RajeshA_0-1715779725098.png

RajeshA_1-1715779932812.png

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak as per my last message I am able to call other API's. please let me know if there is anything else you want me to try.

@RajeshA Can you switch to different API: {{base-url}}/ECM/{{path}}/fetchRuntimeControlsData and see if that works. I guess V2 one is available from v2020.x not before. So can please validate this 

Regards,
Saathvik

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Saathvik  without "v2" I am getting "analytics not found"

RajeshA_0-1715791410745.png

And I don't have a way to create v1 analytics, looks like by default all are created in v2.

RajeshA_1-1715791599355.png

Remove attributes from body

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak 

Getting same 403 error after removing attributes

RajeshA_0-1715802315092.png

• Create New Report and try

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Created a new report and still seeing same 403 error, also tried with attributes and added this new report to  sav role.

RajeshA_0-1715871633158.png

Please share curl command [Refer https://codingnconcepts.com/postman/how-to-generate-curl-command-from-postman/ ]

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak Here is the curl command

curl --location 'https://******/ECM/api/v5/fetchRuntimeControlsDatav2' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer ******' \
--data '{
"analyticsname": "DB_workday_compute3",
"analyticsid": "497",
"attributes": {}
}'

{
"requestor": "admin",

"max": "10",
"offset": "15"
}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak  getting same 403 error

RajeshA_0-1715956583043.png

curl --location 'https://*****/ECM/api/v5/fetchRuntimeControlsDatav2' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer *****' \
--data '{
"requestor": "admin",
"max": "10",
"offset": "15"
}'

Does any other analytics report api working? 
did you added owner to report ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak  I am able to run "runAnalyticsControls" and "fetchControlDetailsES" (even though without adding owner to these reports, you can see this in my ping on this forum on 05/15/2024 06:34 AM). But I am unable to run "fetchRuntimeControlsDatav2" (even with adding owner, after you suggested in your last ping), and still getting 403 error.

We don't have run time analytics in our environment till a week back. Runtime analytics was created after I started this forum discussion as per yours (‎05/13/2024 02:58) and @Saathvik  (05/13/2024 01:02 PM) comment. I am seeing this 403 error for the newly created one too, after you asked me on ‎05/15/2024 04:22 PM to create new one and test with that 

To summarize, I am not able to runtime analytics reports with POST body's which was shared back and forth on this chat. Is this a bug in 5.5SP3 ? or do I need to raise a support ticket on this.

This looks like issue with v5.5 Since its working in EIC please upgrade and test. Saviynt support can't help as its working in EIC

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak