Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Custom Property Label Change - User Modification Page

vmudagal1
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi All, 

We are in the process of uniforming label names across the system for user customproperties.

When a user details is modified it would create update user task which would have all the attributes modified in User modification page.

Update user task -> view -> user modification page.

Could you please let know label name to update in User Interface and Branding configuration setttings?

example: customproperty32 as Department

customproperty63 as Country

vmudagal1_0-1697536209651.png

Thank you,

Vidya D Mudagal

[This message has been edited by moderator to edit image for sensitive info]

14 REPLIES 14

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @vmudagal1 

Please try with below labels, restart the services and confirm.

Customproperty32.Default.label

Customproperty63.Default.label

Regards,
Dhruv Sharma
If this reply answered your question, please accept it as Solution to help others who may have a similar problem.

@vmudagal1 

Method-1
Go to Admin > Settings > User Interface Branding Configuration > Manage Labels and search for the below :

Users.customproperty5.label
Users.CustomProperty5.Default.label
users.customproperty5.label
One of these will work for sure.

Update the label's name accordingly and restart the services.

Method-2
To update the user customproperty, assign ROLE_UIADMIN to a user and login with that user. Click on the pencil icon to edit the label.

If this reply answered your question, please Accept it As Solution to help others who may have a similar problem.

Regards,
Sumathi Somala
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

Hi @SumathiSomala 

Users.customproperty5.label - This also didn't work (if this label is updated its reflected in Update History page of User details)
Users.CustomProperty5.Default.label - This also didn't work (If this label is updated its reflected in Other  attributes page of user details)
users.customproperty5.label - This also didn't work. 

Using Role_UIAdmin - We do not have the edit option. 

vmudagal1_0-1697640324544.png

@Dhruv_S the below attributes didn't work. As its not reflecting in the "user Modification page"

Thank you, 

Vidya D Mudagal

@vmudagal1 Did you restart the application?

assign ROLE_UIADMIN to a user and login with that user. Navigate admin>identity repository>users>open the user>other attributes>Click on the pencil icon to edit the label.

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

Hi @SumathiSomala 

There is no pencil icon beside the label "customproperty32" in the image below. This was checked after assigning Role_UIADMIN. As below there is pencil icon for few attributes but not for customproperty32.

Yes, I did take a restart as well.

vmudagal1_0-1697642818266.png

@vmudagal1  restart will take 20 min 

i can see pencil icon

SumathiSomala_0-1697643474907.png

SumathiSomala_1-1697643514557.png

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

Hi @SumathiSomala 

Itseems you are checking in wrong page. This not the page I am expecting to change the label. Once a customproperty is updated an Update user task is created, when viewing the details of request. I want to change the label there.

Request History -> Update user Task -> View -> User Modification

vmudagal1_0-1697643804696.png

Hi @vmudagal1 

When you change the labels of the custom property in deafult labels as mentioned below, it should get reflected in the create user and update user form also.  Could you please also share the screenshot of what is visible in create user form. Also please share the screenshot of the below labels from list of labels in User Interface and Branding configuration setttings.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

vmudagal1
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @Dhruv_S 

Apologies. Will providing more detailed steps 

Navigate to Admin -> Identity Repository -> Users -> Select a user -> Click on Other Attributes tab -> Update custom property32 -> update -> View Status tab. 

vmudagal1_0-1697701739767.png

After clicking on Update -> below page click on view status

vmudagal1_1-1697701833575.png

vmudagal1_2-1697701939527.png

Expecting to see the label change for customproperty32 here. 

Hoping this is helpful.

Thank you, 

Vidya D Mudagal

@vmudagal1 I think it will always show Saviynt internal name not labels in user modification page.

Please check this.

Solved: Update customproperty labels in User Update Histor... - Saviynt Forums - 9618

If this reply answered your question, please Accept it As Solution to help others who may have a similar problem.

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

Hi @SumathiSomala

I was able to update customproperty labels in Update history page as below image. 

Version: 23.8 

vmudagal1_0-1697704047456.png

I am expecting to make similar changes in "User Modification Page" as well.

So currently its not achievable at in v23.8? 

Hi @vmudagal1 

Currently it is not achievable through label change.

Regards,
Dhruv Sharma
If this reply answered your question, please accept it as Solution to help others who may have a similar problem.

vmudagal1
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @Dhruv_S 

Thank you for checking. Would this require an Idea to be raised in Idea Portal? Or its something achievable if I raised a Saviynt ticket ?

Thank you, 

Vidya D Mudagal 

Please raise a support ticket.