Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Creating a Service Request from SNOW for an Account Update with an approval workflow

FabianaS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello.

In customer's context, we are integrating with ServiceNow using the Saviynt app in SNOW, in order to create Service Requests from SNOW that will be approved in Saviynt.

This is possible for requesting entitlements and we already implemented that. 

We have another requirement to have the same workflow also for Account Update, meaning that from SNOW a user will be able to open a Service Request, that will trigger an approval workflow in Saviynt, and after the approval, a task "Account update" will be created and executed.

So the questions are:

Is it possible to have a workaround in order to have an approval workflow before the Account Update task?

Or are there any API exposed from Saviynt in order to get this same flow?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @FabianaS ,

Greetings.

Could you please elaborate on the requirement. As per my understanding, when you say account update, in SNOW app we have manage account option where you have options to enable, disable accounts. 

When your workflow engine is Saviynt, and you raise a emable/disable account in SNOW, then the approval will happen in Saviynt. So please elaborate on what exactly are you looking for that is different from what I mentioned above.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

FabianaS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

thanks for the reply.

When I'm referring to "Account Update" I mean the operation to add/modify/change/remove an attribute/objectClass of an account on the target system.

For example:

I have an account (related to a user) on the target system Active Directory.

This account have a set of attributes and objectClasses that can be added, deleted or modified.

Requirement is to show in SNOW a service request to be requested by the user to add/remove an attribute in his account. This action should trigger an approval workflow.

Once this request is approved, a task "Update Account" must be created in order to push the new attribute into his account of the target system.

In conclusion, I would like to understand if there is a way to create a request in SNOW with an approval workflow for an update of the account (adding a new attribute in the account on target system)

Hope to be more clear, thanks