Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Comma in Distinguished Name not getting processed by Saviynt

varunpuri
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

We have a requirement to provision administrative accounts in AD. The Display Name of such accounts has the format - LAST_NAME<COMMA><SPACE>FIRST_NAME. Eg : Doe, John.

Likewise, distinguishedName also has the same format, i.e. CN=Doe, John, OU=xyz,DC=xyz,DC=abc.

But Saviynt is not able to process comma in distinguishedName and is throwing error while performing provisioning operation :

Is there any way to escape the comma ? If the account name is a single string without a comma/space then the provisioning works fine.

varunpuri_0-1682592608497.png

Best Regards,
Varun

2 REPLIES 2

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @varunpuri 

Please use the backslash character to skip the character ( ,) so that it allows the value to be present in the DN. ( allowed DN in case of , is CN=Doe/, John, OU=xyz,DC=xyz,DC=abc )

Note: you can check examples in AD ,ldap or ADSI connector guide how to use the json to replace characters.

Thanks

Darshan

varunpuri
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I was able to resolve this. I had specified both the AccountNameRule at connection object level and mapped cn attribute in CreateAccountJSON. The value of cn being set explicitly in CreateAccountJSON was different than the distinguishedName of account as being calculated in the AccountNameRule.

I removed the mapping of cn attribute from the CreateAccountJSON. It started working.

Best Regards,
Varun