Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Can we extend the expiration time for Refresh token

Debankita
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

Is it feasible in Saviynt to extend the expiry time for the refresh token. Currently in the response payload we could see the token is valid for 3600 seconds. We have a requirement to have the token valid for 6 months. 

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

No. Its not configurable Please raise idea ticket with business use case

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

stalluri
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Debankita 

You can extend connection time out but not Refresh token.

Best Regards,
Sam Talluri
If you find this a helpful response, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Amit_Malik
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

@Debankita ,

Earlier Saviynt docs used to have below "note" information. We increased the lifetime of token using config.groovy in old versions.

Note: If grails.plugin.springsecurity.rest.refreshtoken.storage.jwt.expiration is set to some value in Config.groovy, refresh token will expire based on this config in api/login api. This will generate a new refresh token if another config - grails.plugin.springsecurity.rest.refreshtoken.new is set to true in Config.groovy. For blank or null, it will return the same Refresh token as passed in oauth/access_token api

I don't see it now but I believe if you reach out to Saviynt. They can let you know if config.groovy can be updated internally to meet your expectations.

If not possible in EIC, there is an enhancement already for this - https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-4932

Kind Regards,
Amit Malik
If this helped you move forward, please click on the "Kudos" button.
If this answers your query, please select "Accept As Solution".