Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Bulk Enterprise Role Assignment

sab2
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

We are currently using enterprise roles as a birth right role for all users. Our question is, how do we bulk assign an enterprise role to all existing users in Saviynt?

We were hoping to do a csv upload and assign each user their specific enterprise role. Is this possible? or what is best way to do this?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @sab2 ,

Use bulk upload option using below steps.

1. Navigate to Request Home --> Request Access for Others - Multi Users -->Actions -->Bulk Upload Request.

2. Browse and attach the excel file. Attached the sample file (do not change the format of the file) to assign enterprise roles, update it with your data.

3. Select "What type of request do you want to upload?" : Access

4. Click Run Now.

pmahalle_0-1692466900483.png

It will create add access task under completed with state No Action Required in case user already entitlements present in enterprise role.

Let me know if it helps.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Follow this 2 post for details:

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/add-access-tasks-for-entitlements-not-generated-on...

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/repair-role-retrofit-to-user-mapping-feature-not-u...

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  1. make sure you have attached the workflow (preferably the auto approval workflow) under Global configurations > Request > Bulk > Auto Approve Workflow for Multiuser request upload

2. Follow Process to add multiple enterprise roles to user using file upload https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-User-v23x/page/Content/03-mang-accs/ars-req-accs-mult-usr.h...  Navigate to Request Home --> Request Access for Others - Multi Users -->Actions -->Bulk Upload Request -->Action --> Role
  3. File format should be xls
USERNAMEENDPOINTACCOUNT NAMEREQUEST TYPEENTITLEMENT TYPEENTITLEMENT VALUESSTART DATEEND DATECOMMENTS
adminEndpoint1adminAdd Enterprise RoleEnterprise RoleEnterprise_Role_119-08-2023 Need Access

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sab2
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you for all the replies. I have tried it all and once I submit the bulk request file I see the pop-up a notification is sent to my email but then nothing else happens. No tasks created or roles assigned to profile.

I ensured that the enterprise roles are marked as requestable.

The bulk access auto-approval workflow is set (screenshot attached).

I also attached the file I am importing. I have tried selecting 'Access' and 'Role' on bulk import > Actions. Am I missing a configuration somewhere?

Thank you!

Hi @sab2 ,

Any error/exceptions in the logs? share the logs.

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

sab2
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

This error is only thing really jumping out from logs. 

Error in fetching userAccessExpirydetails :: {}|java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: org.hibernate.hql.internal.ast.QuerySyntaxException: RoleUserAccount is not mapped [select distinct new Map (r.id as id, r.roleName as name, rua.enddate as expiryDate, 'Roles' as accessType) from com.saviynt.ssm.entity.Roles r, RoleUserAccount rua where r.id = rua.rolekey and r.status = 1 and rua.enddate is not null and rua.userkey = :userkey and rua.startdate between :startDate and :endDate]|

Try attached

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sab2
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you. I tried that as well (file attached) and I am still seeing the same error in the logs.

Hi @sab2 ,

Can you remove Attribute name and value column and try. Attached the sample file

Your file has wrong date format

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak