Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

aws integration connector

RWolfe
New Contributor
New Contributor

Our EIC instance is deployed in aws and I'd like to configure an aws integration as if it were not.  Will the configuration instructions for "Non-AWS deployed EIC" work even though our instance is deployed in aws?

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Yes, the configuration instructions for "Non-AWS deployed EIC" should generally work even if your EIC instance is deployed in AWS.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Thanks for the verification. I have started the integration but am facing some issues so just wanted to make sure before continuing to troubleshoot

You can share actual error to suggest further changes 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Would love to but there's just so many lines I cannot be sure there's nothing sensitive in there. Is it ok to show role arns?

You can validate logs and mask sensitive information

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

RWolfe
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've used the minimum config just to see if it will connect but still encountering issues. I see that it throws "The security token included in the request is invalid. (Service: AWSSecurityTokenService; Status Code: 403; Error Code: InvalidClientTokenId;"  I am able to get a successful response using aws sts assume-role and even aws sts get-session-token using aws CLI from my local machine. Not sure what steps to test after receiving a sessiontoken from initial call in order to test the next level to see whats missing.  Screenshots of redacted logs and configs are attached.

RWolfe
New Contributor
New Contributor

I took a deeper look at the stacktrace and noticed it seemed to be hanging on the preventative rule operations so I changed the connection parameter to YES for PREVENTATIVECONTROL_TURNED_ON and it seems to be successfully connect now.  I may need additional information on this parameter to completely understand what its all about.  I noticed in the help that it mentions that it could possibly stop ec2 instances so I need to understand what rules are processed before implementing in a higher level environment.  I initially chose NO for this parm because of that reason.