Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

API to update user’s profile image

mjungsbluth
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi,

where can I find the API to update users’ profile pictures? I remember that this was documented when v2020 was released but I can no longer find it. If I recall correctly, it was a nee API against the identity warehouse.

What I want to achieve is that the same profile pictures are shown in Saviynt that users configure in their Google profile.

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Did you tried old api ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

mjungsbluth
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Which one is “the old API”? I would happily use any API that does address our need.

I am following this statement 

I remember that this was documented when v2020 was released 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

I dont think there is any API to update the profile picture (nothing that I am aware about).

Let someone from Saviynt team confirm on this.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

mjungsbluth
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Looking at the network logs of the browser when requesting access for others, the calls to /ECMv6/api/idw/userImage/<username> give a 404 http status.

Using Postman it is possible to POST to such a url with a multipart request that contains an image. It is despite a success response showing an error in the logs (and no image). 

Still wondering where the Freshdesk documentation on this went...

Hi @mjungsbluth 

can you please confirm if the image was uploaded successfully and when you do a get call if you were able to get the image for that particular username.

Once you are able to get the image from the get call for same Api then hit that url from UI which will show the image.

Api details

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/20697337/2s93sgXWAt#99b73946-4628-4e47-b08c-07d47eb66640 

under Users ( PII image upload )

Thanks

Darshan