Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

ADSI Connector Update Account operation is unable to update ProxyAddress in AD

sangitaladi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Team

Am  trying to replace a proxyaddress in User AD Account ,part of Update account operation. I dont see any error message in the logs. I see the payload is getting generated properly and response also returns 200 status but the update is not happening in AD Account.

Attaching logs:

Old Proxy Address:SMTP:TestXL05061811@contractor.xxxgroup.com

New Proxy Address:smtp:TestXL05061811@contractor.xxxgroup.com

Please setup a call in case you need more details on the issue.

Regards

Sangita Ladi

6 REPLIES 6

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @sangitaladi ,

Did you try to update the same once directly in AD. Is it working?

SMTP:TestXL05061811@contractor.xxxgroup.com --> smtp:TestXL05061811@contractor.xxxgroup.com

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

Rishi
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@sangitaladi in addition to the pmahalle question (to test perform same action directly on AD without Saviynt in the picture), can you also confirm if its an ADSI connector? As 200 response means that Saviynt application is getting a response back for the API call to the ADSI agent but there can be some issue while performing an update by ADSI agent - so for troubleshooting you may have to review ADSI agent logs in conjunction with saviynt application logs.

sangitaladi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

hi RIshi

Yes its ADSI connector. I can validate ADSI Agent logs for any error info. But it works fine with other operations like updation of other attributes in AD properly. Its only issue with Proxy Address.

One quick question, have you been assigned to check on this issue from Saviynt Management?

Regards

Sangita Ladi

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

I see you mentioned that the payload in Saviynt is getting generated properly. Does it mean you do see the expected value being sent from Saviynt? If that is the same, can you confirm if you are able to directly update proxyaddress in AD.

Can you also check for the logs of Saviynt and ADSI agent. Since you are getting a 200 response, it would not necessarily be an error you are looking for in the logs but the general info around the attributes and their values to be updated.

Regards,
Sahil

kishorekkr
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Sahil

Yes i do see the expected value being sent from Saviynt as part of PUT api call. Am working on, to update proxy address directly on AD via Powershell. 

Will update accordingly.

Regards

Sangita Ladi

Hi Team

In Powershell with ADD operation, script is unable to update the changes although its not returning any error message like Saviynt ADSI Update. But

with Replace operation its able to update, its replacing all the existing proxyAddressess also. But ADSI PUT call is working just like simple ADD operation , hence its able to append new addressess but unable to replace the Primary SMTP with Secondary smtp. 

Please share your insights..

Regards

Sangita Ladi