Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

AD Integration Questions

Deepanshu271
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

I am working on an AD integration i have two doubts.

1) when i create a user how to specify which ou the user will be created?

2) after creating a user it goes to manually provisioning state post that i am running application data import job but still it shoes manually provisioned only how to get it to active?

4 REPLIES 4

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

@Deepanshu271 

1) when i create a user how to specify which ou the user will be created?

Specify the rules to generate the DN for the account for provisioning separated by ### in the ACCOUNTNAMERULE parameter. This parameter is evaluated while creating an account and update of any attribute-driven name rule and OU movements for an account.

Configuring the Integration for Provisioning and Deprovisioning Accounts (saviyntcloud.com)

2) after creating a user it goes to manually provisioning state post that i am running application data import job but still it shoes manually provisioned only how to get it to active?

Configure the STATUS_THRESHOLD_CONFIG with  possible active status and inactive status.

Configuring the Integration for Importing Accounts and Access (saviyntcloud.com)

Regards,
Sumathi Somala
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

Hi I use account name rule in connector like this

CN=${user.username},OU=Saviynt Users,OU=Saviynt,DC=securdi,DC=com

will it succesfully create the user in OU=Saviynt Users,OU=Saviynt,DC=securdi,DC=com?

Hi Deepanshu,

Try adding conditions like below to Accountnamerule json:
CN=${user.displayname},${if(user.employeeclass.equals('Employee')){'OU=User Accounts,OU=User Directory,DC=xyz,DC=com'}else{'OU=External Accounts,OU=User Directory,DC=xyz,DC=com'}}

It should work.

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Deepanshu271 ,

You can achieve the first point via Account Name Rule - https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/AD-v24x/page/Content/Configuring-the-Integration-for-Provisioni...

And second is ootb , that should happen automatically. Make sure you have configured Status and Threshold config correctly. https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/AD-v24x/page/Content/Configuring-the-Integration-for-Importing-...

Thanks,

Amit

If this answers your query, Please ACCEPT SOLUTION and give KUDOS.