Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Active Directory RESETANDCHANGEPASSWRDJSON

ronit
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am trying to user ${password} instead of {randomPassword} but it fails with the error "No such property password". Below is the json

{
"RESET":
{"pwdLastSet":"0",
"title": "password reset",
"userPassword":"${randomPassword}"}

Is there any other way to send the password set by the user via the process of "Change Password --> Reset Account Password for others"

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @ronit,

You Have to use only ${password}, Random Password is only used for the new account.

Is there any other way to send the password set by the user via the process of "Change Password --> Reset Account Password for others?
Currently, this is not feasible.

For Ref: 
https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/AD-v2022x/page/Content/Configuring-the-Integration-for-Provisio... 

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

When I use ${password}, it fails with an error "No such property password".

2023-04-19 10:31:45,189 [quartzScheduler_Worker-8] ERROR ldap.SaviyntGroovyLdapService  - Error occured while changing password

groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: password for class: SimpleTemplateScript3373

Hello @ronit,

It appears that there is a formatting problem with the JSON being used. You could consider using the following JSON structure instead:

{
"RESET": {
"pwdLastSet": "0",
"userPassword": "${randomPassword}"
}
}

Thanks,

Hi,

My apologies, the json which I had shared earlier was missing an "}". Although I was using the right one in the system.

{
"RESET": {
"pwdLastSet": "0",
"userPassword": "${randomPassword}"
}
}

Instead of using randomPassword, can we use ${password} ? 

password will not work. I believe your use case to set password set by end user?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Yes. Could you please suggest on how to achieve this ?

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @ronit,

You cannot change the password from the JSON,
For this, you need to configure the change password tile on the ARS page and align the password policy to the security system to which you want to modify the password.

Thanks,