Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Account naming rule not working as expected for 1% of the time

Dalalsaleh888
New Contributor
New Contributor

the account naming rule is defined to create an account name with CP49. However, for some users, it creates their account with the username.

The CP49 is defined for these users way before the requests were initiated and there is no existing account with the same name.

Please let me know where I need to check also. Is this could be a Saviynt bug?

9 REPLIES 9

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Can you share your accountname rule defined at the endpoint level? also for users who have username for account name, do they have a value in cp49? 

Dalalsaleh888_0-1699803809555.pngDalalsaleh888_1-1699803833158.png

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Dalalsaleh888,

May I inquire about the account name rule that has been established at the endpoint level? Additionally, for users who utilize their username as the account name, could you confirm whether they possess a corresponding value in the CP49 field?

rule is shared up .. yes the users have the CP49 defined,

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Dalalsaleh888,

I am seeking clarification on the user account creation process, specifically regarding instances where accounts are generated either with a specified username or according to a predefined rule.

Could you please confirm if there are discernible differences or errors in the logs associated with these two scenarios?

Dalalsaleh888
New Contributor
New Contributor

The logs suggest that when the user account was set as expected based on CP49. However for some reason when the request was approved the task got provisioned with an account name that matches the user name. It isn't clear why this is happening.

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Dalalsaleh888,

I would like to bring to your attention that I have communicated a message(private message) to you. Could you kindly provide an update on the matter at your earliest convenience?.

Dalalsaleh888
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks! I've replyed 🙂

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Dalalsaleh888,

Thanks for the update.