Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Username Generation Logic

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 22 2020 at 08:54 UTC

Hi,

I am trying to generate username/system username based on below rule:

First Letter of FirstNameLastName<N>

Where <N> is the number to be incremented in case there is same First Name and Last Name of a new employee.

I am trying to write a logic based on this rule. PFA the logic.

The issue I am encountering now is Saviynt system is whatever value I am putting in Auto Increment e.g. 0 or 1 and then I am trying to import the users using CSV file, username generated is having that value already appended. Is this how it should work? I need to append the numeral only when there is matching First name and Last name so as to have a unique username.

If someone can kindly help in building this logic by someother way, it would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Vaibhav

Regards

Vaibhav

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
2 REPLIES 2

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 23 2020 at 04:49 UTC

Hi Vaibhav,

You need to create 2 rules as mentioned below. for first combination it would create username and when second with same attributes appear would add number. I hope this would resolve issue.

rule#1-> firstname+lastname

rule#2->firstname=lastname+autoincrement

THanks

Ajay

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 24 2020 at 10:44 UTC

Hi Ajay,

Thank you very much for the prompt answer. Using the below rules, I was able to get the required solution.

rule#1-> firstname+lastname

rule#2->firstname+lastname+autoincrement

Regards

Vaibhav