Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

UpdateUserJSON behaviour

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 21 2020 at 09:41 UTC

Hi,

I am trying to update users in SuccessFactors which is my authoritative source. I am using a REST connector for this integration and I observed the following:

If my user does not have an account associated with the SuccessFactors endpoint, then the user does not get updated and I get a null pointer exception.

Please clarify as to why update user task requires a user account?

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
3 REPLIES 3

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 21 2020 at 16:04 UTC

Hi Arushi,

Updating users does not require any account. When you are running the job, please

1. leave the "System" value as blank

2. click on "Show More Options"

3. under task types, select Update User

4. run the job

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 22 2020 at 04:25 UTC

Hi Manisha,

I have executed the job as per above instructions and I am still facing the same issue.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 22 2020 at 07:16 UTC

Hi Arushi,

If possible, can you provide a screenshot of the "Action" that you are using in the rule and the json configured in the connector?