Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Need to monitor and trigger an Alert (email) when WSRETRY job freezes in Saviynt. Any OOTB Analytics?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 1 2020 at 14:57 UTC

Hi,

We often find the WSRETRY job freezes in Saviynt and till the time we realize its has already impacted the provisioning of users and timely creation of the required birth-right accesses. Hence I wanted to know if there was any OOTB analytic that could monitor the job and trigger an alert via Analytics to a specific group to quickly check and report the issue for immediate attention.

Regards,

Leslie

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
6 REPLIES 6

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 6 2020 at 07:06 UTC

Hi - I would appreciate an update

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 6 2020 at 07:30 UTC

Hi,

unfortunately no OOTB answer, but since we have faced similar issues, we have created an analytics to check whether new provisioning tasks have been created for specific system in X days. Same could be used to check completed tasks from the previous day, so if no tasks are moved to completed tasks, something is probably broken.

I know this is not immediate alert and monitoring of the actual jobs should come OOTB from the platform.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 7 2020 at 20:55 UTC

We have the same problem.

So many times, the provisioning jobs get stuck. in other cases, they start piling up when other provisioning jobs after the buggy one.

And there is no alert. I was expecting that things like this would get caught in the monitoring systems in Saviynt.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 8 2020 at 05:45 UTC

HI Mikko - Thanks for the suggestion. I have separately raised this concern with Saviynt PS team, awaiting their input. In the meantime, would you be able to share a sample of your analytics, if possible?

Hi Anand - Same was the case here, the stuck jobs use to pile up after the initial job failed. After weeks of investigation Saviynt rebuilt some tables in DB, post which there was no issues.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 26 2021 at 04:55 UTC

Same issues here. Some job gets stuck and blocking other provisioning jobs. There is no way to kill the job and no way to alert on it?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 9 2021 at 16:16 UTC

Hi,

Facing same issue, did anyone got any way around for this?

Thanks,

Rituparna Das