Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Generating a unique value

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 2 2020 at 18:54 UTC

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to have a third unique value to be generated as a login for a different region. I am already utilizing the username and systemusername fields for unique values for one region, but require a third login for another region. Is there a way during the user import from our authoritative source to check against if a value exists for any user in SSM for a particular attribute, and supply a different value (like creating a for loop)?

thanks,

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 2 2020 at 19:20 UTC

Hello, Please refer import preprocessing configuration with custom code methods configuration. Thanks, Pallavi Chaudhari
This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 2 2020 at 19:28 UTC

Hi Pallavi, thank you for the reply. What are my options if I wanted to utilize the CHECKFORUNIQUEVALUE in the AD Connector? Is there a way to iterate lets say characters of the first name to iterate the value until the length of characters of the first name is reached. (e.g Andrea Connors aconnors, anconnors, andconnors, etc.)? Is there a way to setup iteration by knowing the length of the first name?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 2 2020 at 21:12 UTC

Also would you know if the preprocessor can be utilized with the WD connector?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 3 2020 at 03:55 UTC

Hello,

Preprocessor can be utilized with all connectors, schema/fie file based imports.

Thanks

Ajay