Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Dormant account processing using analytics

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on May 4 2020 at 14:12 UTC

I would like to understand the configuration steps involved to deprovision inactive/dormant in active directory account using analytics.

I tired to configure it but default action is not getting triggered, sample query is as below.

select a.accountkey as acctKey, a.name as accName, u.userKey, case when a.status = '1' then 'Deprovision Account' end as 'Default_Action_For_Analytics' from accounts a, user_accounts u where a.accountkey in (select accountkey from accounts) and u.ACCOUNTKEY=a.ACCOUNTKEY and a.name='xxxxxxx'

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on May 4 2020 at 19:46 UTC

Hi Tiwari Ashish,

Greetings!

1. I see from the above query that we are trying to deprovision Active status accounts using case when a.status = '1' in the query. If we want to deprovision inactive accounts, then account status should be 0/Manually Suspended

2. How are we running the control? Default_Action_For_Analytics should work when we run the control from Run All analytics job v1/v2 from Admin>Job control panel

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on May 5 2020 at 06:59 UTC

Hi Aarthi Sukumar,

Thanks for your response..

Above query was just an example its not any use-case specific query, our use case is to disable AD account if user is inactive in system for x number of days, we can identify inactive account using lastLogomDate in AD.

Issue which i am facing to trigger default action. please check if it is correctly mentioned in the query or not or provide a sample query to invoke use default action.

I have already tried executing job with " Execute Default Action for Analytics" checked before still there is no task created to de-provision the account in AD. kindly refer attached image for your reference.

Thanks,

Ashish

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on May 5 2020 at 09:15 UTC

I have observed that tasks will only get created for changes since the last time the report has run.

So for example if you ran the analytic without the default action (i.e. when testing) then there won't be any changes (i.e. new rows) when you run the job.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on May 6 2020 at 14:18 UTC

Hi Tiwari Ashish,

Works with the below sample query when you run the Analytics job v1/v2 from Job control panel

Creates deprovision account tasks once the control is run

select u.username, u.firstname as 'First Name',u.lastname as 'Last Name', u.EMPLOYEETYPE as 'Employee Type', u.createdate as 'Creation Date', u.enddate as 'End Date' ,e.displayname as 'End Point Name',a.ACCOUNTKEY as acctKey,'Deprovision Account' as Default_Action_For_Analytics from users u, accounts a , user_accounts ua, endpoints e where u.userkey = ua.userkey and a.accountkey = ua.accountkey and a.ENDPOINTKEY =e.endpointkey and a.status IN (0, 'Manually Suspended') and e.endpointkey=6