Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Complex User Update Rules conditions

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 13 2021 at 20:22 UTC

I will like to trigger Employee rehire scenarios. If employee has accounts, then I'll enable existing accounts. Whereas, if an employee does not have user accounts, I'll create user accounts. 

How do I specify 'user has existing accounts', in the user update rule's condition?

In the User Update Rules documentation in Freshdesk, I don't see an Advance Config Condition where there's a join with the user_accounts table, or any other complex conditions. 

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
3 REPLIES 3

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 13 2021 at 23:09 UTC

Hello Yusuf,

Wanted to understand how are you planning to create the missing account during rehire? (Lets assume you have a syntax to find if the user do not have account)

Regards,

Sagar Srikantaiah

Product & Partner Success

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 13 2021 at 23:59 UTC

If the accounts are missing, we'll create new account on the target applications (i.e Active Directory). This is same actions that is done on Employee New Hire scenario. 

If the accounts exists, we'll create Enable Account task on target applications (i.e AD). This is what is currently done when the employee returns from a leave of absence. 

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 20 2021 at 20:39 UTC

Yusuf,

You would need to have the user update rule do that. When a user statuskey changes to active, you can configure the actions to be

1. Enable User Accounts : List out the birthright accounts that Saviynt is supposed to assign

2. Re-run Provisioning Rules : List the selective rules or all rules based on your design.

The first one will ensure that if the user has an existing account, it gets enabled. If not, the second action one will create it.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri