Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Saviynt is not trigerring Update Account Task on Inactive accounts

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 20 2020 at 12:56 UTC

Hi,

We are using SSM 5.5SP2.4 version and have some inactive accounts in an endpoint and would like to trigger an Update Account task for those accounts from UserUpdate Rule based on certain conditions.

Saviynt is not creating any Update Account Tasks for those Inactive accounts.

Is this a behavior of Saviynt?

I need to update the description field of an Inactive AD account from Saviynt, how can I do that?

Thanks and Regards,

Rituparna Das

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
6 REPLIES 6

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 20 2020 at 13:00 UTC

Hey Ritu,

Yes this is default behavior that update account task is not created for inactive accounts.

Instead what you can do is update the description when disabling the account, means when your disable account json is evaluated.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 20 2020 at 13:05 UTC

Hi Kirit,

Our use case is we need to update the description of AD account with "Disabled today" during disabling of Account.

After 8th day of account disable we need to remove entitlements from the Account and then Update the description to "Disabled and Removed Access"

How can we achieve this?

Thanks and Regards,

Rituparna Das

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 20 2020 at 13:06 UTC

Hi Kirti,

Can you also check if there is a patch as mentioned in this Freshdesk article

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/43000525372

Thanks and Regards,

Rituparna Das

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 20 2020 at 13:29 UTC

I think there is some configuration that is required. Hope you have already searched for the one mentioned in the article.

I can check with pm team what to do in case it's not present.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 20 2020 at 13:33 UTC

Hi Kirti,

I have turned on the feature as mentioned in the article : Include Inactive User and Accounts in Update Account Rules " this would be available under global configurations->rules.

But I still do not find any update Account task

Can you please check with PM team.

Thanks and Regards,

Rituparna Das

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 27 2020 at 03:50 UTC

Hi Rituparna,

I would request you to please create the support ticket with logs and the required video for the issue. we would analyse and update.

Thanks

Ajay