Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Can saviynt provide java doc or have a document to expose their objects?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 30 2020 at 14:58 UTC

Hi,

It really gets messy with no availability of documentation stating saviynt's com.saviynt.ecm.identitywarehourse.Users object. I really do not no at first go it is user.phoneNumber or phonenumber?

Just a request if saviynt can provide the documentation on this as well.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
12 REPLIES 12

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 1 2020 at 06:48 UTC

Hi Rituparna,

Please let us know the for which process is this required. Below is the case for the users object which can be used for rules.

username,firstname,preferedFirstName,lastname,middlename,street,city,comments,statuskey,startdate,enddate,manager,password,location,jobCode,jobDescription,employeeType, systemUserName,departmentNumber,title,state,companyname,costcenter,departmentname,employeeclass,entity,jobcodedesc,locationdesc,locationnumber,siteid,orgunitid,region,regioncode, owner,employeeid,lastsyncdate,createdate,email,phonenumber,job_function,country,displayname,locale,customproperty1-65

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000431681-creating-user-update-rules is the link for doc.

Thanks

Ajay

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 1 2020 at 07:01 UTC

Hi Ajay, Thanks for this. I mean in general like for Sailpoint/Oracle IGA they have a Java doc with which we can understand that Users class/ Tasks have these properties. Is there anyway Saviynt can provide us?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 3 2020 at 06:31 UTC

Hi Ajay,

Just a use case:

I wanted to formulate a CreateAccountJSON in the connector and need user's properties to send it to target system. It was really messy with phonenumber/phoneNumber , departmentNumber/departmentnumber.

It would be really helpful if Saviynt can provide documentation on the objects they have like Users, Endpoints, Tasks etc.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 4 2020 at 11:36 UTC

Hi Rituparna,

The documentation contains the binding variables as per each module.

Thanks

Ajay

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 5 2020 at 14:54 UTC

Hello,

I am also interested in such document as it would simplify our ability to generate reports and rules in Saviynt.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 5 2020 at 15:06 UTC

Hi Ajay,

I understand every module documentation has the objects listed but it takes a lot of unnecessary effort to search.

Like in AD connector there is User with its binding variables and Task but only task.accountname, so if I want to pass other task information, will it allow me to do? And where can I get what binding variables does Task has?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 10 2020 at 07:20 UTC

Hi RItuparna,

As i have mentioned earlier, we dont have this information. The point brought is valid and taken. We would work on it and share once we have this available, but i cannot have it committed and share timeline.

THanks

Ajay

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 10 2020 at 08:13 UTC

Thanks Ajay, appreciate the acknowledgement. Hope to hear on this soon.

Thanks,

Rituparna Das

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 13 2020 at 20:47 UTC

I would also love to have such a document.

Ajay,

Can this be expedited?

I think, a lot of users are inconvenienced by the unavailability of such documentation.

Anand

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 18 2020 at 18:51 UTC

I would love to know what methods can utilized, such as date() or format(), or other things available. Attributes though are a great start, but special methods for conversion and ability to do complex operations really helps in the design and understanding the product aspect.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 6 2021 at 19:09 UTC

This is how you lose customers, no timeline on a basic requirement. 

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 8 2021 at 07:49 UTC

Hello Team,

A few updates on the overall question asked.

- For rules, HQL class names can be referenced from the following documentation :

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000616285-obtaining-the-attribute-details...

- Each Connector itself has its supported binding variables listed with 'Help' button available :

Examples using these can be found on the Connector documentation pages

- Similarly, Workflows also have a 'Help' button for this:

- For Email Templates as well, the 'Help' option gives a list of Available Binding Variables :

- In the connector JSONs, provided your JSON is valid, you would be able to use Groovy compatible methods example: equals(),contains() 

Regards,

Sahaj