Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

'Admin' Menu section is not visible for ROLE_UIADMIN

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 22 2020 at 04:25 UTC

Hi Everyone,

Trust you are doing good and staying safe!

We have created ROLE_UIADMIN to edit the labels over Menu and Sub-Menu for all the Functions(ARS, SOD, Analytics) it is showing both the Menu and Sub-Menu sections but for 'Admin' it is not showing those sections though we have assigned all the access related to Admin function to the ROLE_UIADMIN (PFA image for additional information)

As we know by default when we click on 'Admin' module it will be redirected to 'Job Control', do we need to disable this?

Can you please help us with this query. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ksheetij.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
3 REPLIES 3

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 22 2020 at 05:27 UTC

Here, we need list of permissions for role - ROLE_UIADMIN so we can do label changes in User and Account attributes. It will be really helpful if we get list of permissions for this ROLE_UIADMIN. Thanks.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 22 2020 at 07:32 UTC

If you already have the ADMIN role on the user then you don't need any other permissions as they are combined.

I think there is a bug as I have observed the same behaviour, but clicking on something in the job control panel made the items in the left hand nav bar appear for me.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 22 2020 at 15:18 UTC

We had our implementation partner open a ticket with Saviynt on that same issue and this was their response:

While a permanent fix is being worked for the issue. A workaround is available to change labels. You will need to modify messages.properties file values in order to achieve your desired label changes.

Location of the file : /opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.29/webapps/ECM/WEB-INF/grails-app/i18n/messages.properties

I hope that helps, the file is also attached.

Mike

Attaching a file to reference for making Label changes .