Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

AD Groups Owner Assignment and Removal

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 18 2020 at 17:16 UTC

Hello,

I have an use case,

1. In a Saviynt AD group, there are multiple owners of the role, and if an owner is added/removed, an email notification should be sent to other owners.

2. In case, all the owners are removed, an email should be sent to different DL.

Please let me know how we can achieve this?

Regards,

Yashpal

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 21 2020 at 08:18 UTC

Hi Yashpal,

Greetings!!

These notifications can be sent post update/modification of an existing Role/group.

You could get these details in a tabular format using this variable in email template.

${roleModificationDetailTable}

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Kumar Jha

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 21 2020 at 12:04 UTC

Thanks Anand, for your inputs. Let me try and get back to you.

Regards,

Yashpal

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 22 2020 at 12:53 UTC

Hi Anand, I have added this ${roleModificationDetailTable} to the email template and assign it in the Role Owner Assignment Template under Global Configurations. When I add owner to the Role, the email is not getting triggered. Can you help me on what I am missing in the configuration?

Regards,

Yashpal

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 23 2020 at 04:56 UTC

Hi Yashpal,

Greetings!!

The variables which i have shared to you can be used in Role Modification Email template.

Please use the same for any type of modification in the Role,

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Kumar Jha