Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

AD Group Management Use Case Implementation Queries

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 9 2020 at 11:22 UTC

Hello All,

I am referring the AD connector guide to configure the use cases for the AD group management like create/update etc. I have following queries where need help to figure out the config JSON properties:

• How do we read the Group Name Suffix, Scope and Category values entered while submitting create group request? (Sample (CreateUpdateMappings: - e.g. role?.customproperty21) given in the doc is referring the role custom properties but where do we map those so that form values will be populated?)
  • Which variable is exposed in group management script files to read the group owner information?

Thanks,

Pallavi

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 9 2020 at 12:29 UTC

Hi Pallavi,

Greetings!!

Could you please let me know the product version which you are using at present.

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Kumar Jha

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 9 2020 at 12:36 UTC

Hello Anand,

We have SSM 5.5 and few latest patch set applied on top of it.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 9 2020 at 12:50 UTC

Thanks for your reply pallavi.

Please find my answers inline.

How do we read the Group Name Suffix, Scope and Category values entered while submitting create group request? (Sample (CreateUpdateMappings: - e.g. role?.customproperty21) given in the doc is referring the role custom properties but where do we map those so that form values will be populated?)

Anand: You could refer to createUpdateMapping example JSONs to understand the default/shipped mapping of those attributes. About the form values, these are defined at GSP level. You could customize GSPs as per your reqiurement to achieve further changes.You could find relative GSPs at below location at your SSM deployment path:

...\ECM\WEB-INF\grails-app\views\roles\adGroup\

Attributes mentioned above could be customized in create.gsp and objectAndPermission.gsp

Which variable is exposed in group management script files to read the group owner information?

Anand : We have incorporated a change in upcoming V5.5.0 SP2, regarding owner computation. Updated content could be seen on Freshdesk in our documentation soon. Prior to that version, we were supposed to map owner via "managedBy":"${user.customproperty40}" (An example) and you should have user's AD DN in that property for a successful operation.

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Kumar Jha

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 9 2020 at 12:59 UTC

Thanks let me check this and will come back for any additional queries.

Thanks,

Pallavi