Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Date field sorting issue in email attached report from Analytics

sunny08
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have requirement to send the terminated users details with All terms year-to-date,  term date, and sort by most recent date at the top.

I tried with below  sql order by termdate options but when I verified the result in email attachment. It's not sort by most recent date .

SELECT FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, EMAIL, CASE STATUSKEY WHEN '0' THEN 'INACTIVE' WHEN '1' THEN 'ACTIVE' END AS USERSTATUS, DEPARTMENTname as 'DEPARTMENT' ,TiTle as 'Title', Termdate as 'Terminated Date' FROM USERS WHERE Termdate between '2024-01-01' and DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL 0 DAY) AND STATUSKEY = 0 order by termdate desc;

or

SELECT FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, EMAIL, CASE STATUSKEY WHEN '0' THEN 'INACTIVE' WHEN '1' THEN 'ACTIVE' END AS USERSTATUS,DEPARTMENTname as 'DEPARTMENT' , termdate ,DATE_FORMAT(Termdate, '%Y-%m-%d')
as 'Terminated Date' , TiTle as 'Title' FROM USERS WHERE Termdate between '2024-01-01' and DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL 0 DAY) AND STATUSKEY = 0 order by DATE_FORMAT(Termdate, '%Y-%m-%d');

2 REPLIES 2

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @sunny08 ,

This is the expected behavior.  There is already an idea in place for the similar request.

Thanks.

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Analytics always sort based on first column in report. try below 

SELECT DATE_FORMAT(Termdate, '%Y-%m-%d')
as 'Terminated Date',FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, EMAIL, CASE STATUSKEY WHEN '0' THEN 'INACTIVE' WHEN '1' THEN 'ACTIVE' END AS USERSTATUS,DEPARTMENTname as 'DEPARTMENT' , termdate
 , TiTle as 'Title' FROM USERS WHERE Termdate between '2024-01-01' and DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL 0 DAY) AND STATUSKEY = 0 order by DATE_FORMAT(Termdate, '%Y-%m-%d');

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.