Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Using MODIFYUSERDATAJSON by uploading users using schema upload

WilliamD
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to use the property MODIFYUSERDATAJSON by Uploading Users using Schema Upload.

I set content of MODIFYUSERDATAJSON like this:

"COMPUTEDCOLUMNS":["termDate"],"PREPROCESSQUERIES":["UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET termDate ='09.12.2021'"]

because I want to replace a date as the date has not the correct format in the hr file:

The format in the HR file: 2021-12-08 01:21:44.517000. This format is not correct for the termdate

Can you please help me to get this feature working ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @WilliamD,

Can you please try to use date in yyyy-mm-dd format while setting it
For eg. 
"COMPUTEDCOLUMNS":["termDate"],"PREPROCESSQUERIES":["UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET termDate ='2021-12-09'"]

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

WilliamD
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello  sudeshjaiswal,

Thanks a lot for your answer,

Unfortunately, I still have the same error:
java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Data truncation: Data too long for column 'TERMDATE' at row 1

It is like the PREPROCESSQUERIES":["UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET TERMDATE ='2021-12-09'"]} does not make any changes.

I attached the SAV file if it can help.

Regards

William

WilliamD
New Contributor III
New Contributor III
#USER_NOT_IN_FILE_ACTION=NOACTION
#FILENAME=users
#DELIMITER=,
#SKIP_NUMBER_OF_LINES=1
#ZERODAYPROVISIONING=TRUE
#userReconcillationField=UserName
#GENERATESYSTEMUSERNAME=FALSE
#GENERATEEMAIL=FALSE
#EMAILTEMPLATE="Email Template Name"
#CHECKRULES=TRUE
#MODIFYUSERDATAJSON={"ADDITIONALTABLES":{"USERS":"SELECT USERNAME, ORGUNITID FROM USERS","ACTIVEIDENTITIES":"SELECT DISTINCT USERNAME FROM USERS U LEFT JOIN USER_ACCOUNTS UA ON UA.USERKEY = U.USERKEY LEFT JOIN ACCOUNT_ENTITLEMENTS1 AE ON UA.ACCOUNTKEY = AE.ACCOUNTKEY LEFT JOIN ENTITLEMENT_VALUES EV ON EV.ENTITLEMENT_VALUEKEY = AE.ENTITLEMENT_VALUEKEY LEFT JOIN ACCOUNTS A ON A.ACCOUNTKEY=UA.ACCOUNTKEY WHERE ((UPPER(EV.CUSTOMPROPERTY1) LIKE '%SWITZERLAND%' AND EV.STATUS=1 AND A.STATUS='1') OR UPPER(U.COUNTRY) = 'SWITZERLAND')"},"COMPUTEDCOLUMNS":["TERMDATE"],"PREPROCESSQUERIES":["UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET TERMDATE ='2021-12-09'"]}
CUSTOMPROPERTY18,USERNAME,FirstName,LastName,CUSTOMPROPERTY25,EMPLOYEETYPE,CUSTOMPROPERTY3,costcenter,EmployeeClass,enddate,startdate,CUSTOMPROPERTY13,Email,CUSTOMPROPERTY1,CUSTOMPROPERTY2,jobCode,jobdescription,Owner,orgunitid,CUSTOMPROPERTY9,CUSTOMPROPERTY11,CUSTOMPROPERTY12,City,Country,Region,TERMDATE

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @WilliamD,

Can you please remove the termdate from the sav file and only set it using PREPROCESSQUERY.

Thanks

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".