Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

How to store account attributes securely - Azure AD TAP (Temporary Access Password) generation

yogesh2
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
We are generating Temporary Access Passwords (TAP) for Azure AD accounts and have successfully made the necessary calls to get the TAPs from Azure using the Graph API. However, we need to securely store the TAP on the account object so we can email it to the end user. The challenge is that all account custom properties are stored as plain text and are visible in the Saviynt UI.

Is there a way to securely store the TAP in an encrypted or hashed format, ensuring it is not visible in the UI, while still being able to share it with the end user via email?
6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Ideally it should not be stored

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Agreed, but then how do we send it to user without storing it?

You must be calling multiple call from call response send on runtime. or encode using base64 and store in accounts CPS

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Ankyt19
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak and @yogesh2 ,

I have tried this using PS . But can you help me know if you are using REST ,GraphAPI to send TAP to Manager?

Can you help me with JSON for same ?

Thanks

Ankit Jain

Ankyt19
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak  and @yogesh2 ,

Without storing TAP how can we send this as email to manager? 

Also, what are your views on sendOTPJSON?

Thanks

#restConnection 

You can explore. Not tried 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak