Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

How to get exception details for provisioning errors in DB connector

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

When provisioning fails in case of DB connector I am getting this error:
Exception occured while Excecuting Query SAV - Error while creating account

yogesh_0-1689315408053.png

Even in the logs the cause of exception is not given:

yogesh_1-1689315763080.png

The procedure on the DB side is returning the cause of exception but none of that is being shown in Saviynt:

yogesh_2-1689315853796.png

Is there a way to see the cause of failure in Saviynt itself?

6 REPLIES 6

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

I am trying to set this up on my instance to check and will update you.

Regards,
Sahil

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi Sahil, did you find anything? 
It is very difficult to debug failures as the cause of error is not mentioned and neither the query is shown which saviynt tried to execute.

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Based on my initial analysis it does appear that we cannot configure storing the response messages for DB. Also, I believe since you are using a procedure, saviynt is displaying a generic error message but the error displayed would have been different if you were directly calling a query. I am still investigating further though and will update what I find.

Regards,
Sahil

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

So I have checked and though there is no provision to configure the response message received, the same has been enhanced and is available in Saviynt's next release 23.6 & 3.20 

Regards,
Sahil

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Since Saviynt does not support DB procedure calls with 'out' parameters, if in any scenario the procedure calls have any issue or it fails, how does one get to know if there was any issue/error?

Please let me know, when writing procedures for Saviynt DB connector, what is expected by the connector in the return value. How does connector decide if the task was successful or not.

Does it read the script output, if yes, what is the required output for a successful and what is required to indicate failed attempt at provisioning?

OR

Does it read DBMS output? if yes, what is the required output for a success and what is required to indicate failure?

OR

Does it read OUT variables? If yes, what variables does it expect in the output and what are respective values to indicate a success and a failure?

[Admin: This message has been merged from another post on a same topic to avoid duplication]

Better submit idea ticket

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.