Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Troubleshooting User Import

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

So I am using SchemaUserJob to bulk upload users from a csv file but the import is erroring out mid way with this error: "Getting user validationErrors while saving users"

yogesh_0-1655468485968.png

Clicking on other details buttonyogesh_2-1655468531591.pngI dont get any details:

yogesh_3-1655468554780.png

and job log detail only shows below:
yogesh_4-1655468581424.png

There are over 20,000 users in the file how do I find the ones causing issues?

4 REPLIES 4

Nikitaj
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Yogesh,

Could you please share the application logs for this.

Thanks
Nikita

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

In v2021 i can only view and export 1000 records from log and the user count itself in the csv was 20,000 and the job ran for 15 minutes. 
I don't think I can provide you the sufficient logs.
I don't know how to even start debugging this as Saviynt is not giving any clues from the job history.

Nikitaj
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Yogesh,

Yes, as per v2021 we are limited to 1000 lines but we can always explore the date and time parameter to dig deeper in the logs. You can search the ‘error’ keyword along for the time frame and check the worker/debug logs. Once you have the error you can then check the logs around that time frame to see what the actual error is.

Below document tells more about the same:
Managing Application Logs (Modern Experience) : Customer Portal (freshdesk.com)

Thanks
Nikita

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

So I took Saviynt Ops Team's help on this, and even they were having a hard time tailing the logs.
They checked with engineering to find that issue was being caused by usernames with certain non ASCII characters like this username: voßbe8

So I removed all such non-ascii usernames from my bulk upload file and then uploads completed without any errors.

Then, I put all the non-ascii user records in a separate file and uploaded that and sure enough same errors were shown again. But on cross checking in Saviynt I found that all users were in fact uploaded correctly even the non-ascii ones.

So ultimately, this particular error in my particular case was just superficial. Saviynt should do some thing about this and make the errors shown in job history more meaningful. At least show which record the import failed on. Then we at least have something to search in the awful new log ui.