Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

What takes priority, "User Update rules" or "Owner on Terminate"

Nathan
New Contributor
New Contributor

If there is an owner on terminate option set, and a user update rule that updates ownership when terminated, which would take priority?

9 REPLIES 9

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Owner on terminate is action under UUR 
  • so once UUR is ran OOT will take priority

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

I can select "Owner on terminate" at the user level

I can also define a user update rule to can transfer ownership. 

If both are set, which would take priority? The owner set at the user level, or the owner picked by the user update rule?

• In order to work Ownership transfer owner on terminate field on user is requried.
  • In this case no priority its mandatory config required for UUR to trigger OOT 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

so by themselves, they do nothing?

So, in order for a user update rule to transfer ownership, the user must specify who they will transfer ownership to?

if i set the "transfer to" field without a user update rule, then nothing would happen when terminated.

And same for the other scenario where I make a user update rule, but the user doesn't have the "transfer ownership to" field set? Nothing would happen in this scenario?

• So, in order for a user update rule to transfer ownership, the user must specify who they will transfer ownership to? - Yes and default is manager
  • if i set the "transfer to" field without a user update rule, then nothing would happen when terminated.  Yes nothing is happen as its static field on user field

• And same for the other scenario where I make a user update rule, but the user doesn't have the "transfer ownership to" field set? Nothing would happen in this scenario? default it will be assigned to manager set for user

•  

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

"default it will be assigned to manager set for user"

So by default, if nothing is set (uur or oot) it will still transfer ownership to manager?

• UUR is action to take.
  • if no UUR then nothing will happen

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

and if UUR is set, but no OOT, then it would default to manager?

Yes https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/privileged-access-management/how-to-configure-a-default-value-for-quot...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak