Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

View SQL query results in data analyzer

Former Member
Not applicable

Hello, 

What permissions are required in order to be able to view the data in 'Data Analzer'? I have the SAV Admin Role assigned to my login, and can see the tables and the columns, but can't run in query. When I click on the 'View Data' icon next to table name, it throws a permissions error. Guessing I am missing some SAV role? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Are you referring to below error message ?

Error : SELECT command denied to user 'ssmdau'@'1.65.59.18' for table 'savroles'

rushikeshvartak_0-1666643374689.png

if yes then 2 possible reasons 

• user ssmdau does not have access to tables you are running query
  • table does not exists

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Former Member
Not applicable

Hello @rushikeshvartak 

Yes thats the error. So how do I grant that user access to the tables? I thought that if I am logged in with ROLE SAV ADMIN, I would have access to it all. Is there a OOTB SAV role that would grant access to run the queries? 

You need to raise freshdesk ticket with saviynt operations team 

they should be able to provide you select access on required tables 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Saviynt by design has not provided access to few tables for which you are running query. There are many tables which cannot be accessed/queried via UI.

The only way is to reach out to saviynt support and get the permission added for ssmdau user for the requisite table.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos