Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

User import from DB connector with multiple Personas and data manipulation issue

Gaurav29
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm seeking advice on data updates from the DB connector. In our scenario, users may have approximately four employee types, and in the database, data is stored in separate rows. We need to thoroughly examine the data and update the conditions for data manipulation.

As an example, let's consider a user who is identified as an Employee, Third-party, and Contractor. If the user's employee profile becomes inactive and we want to designate Third-party as the primary employment type, there is a need to modify attributes such as title, department, and other details according to the current persona status (Third-party). The question arises: How can we effectively update these attributes to align with the Third-party profile?

To the best of my knowledge, I understand that Saviynt imports all the rows from the source database and stores the data in the Temp table. Subsequently, the data in the Temp table is in separate rows, and Saviynt imports these rows one by one. Is this understanding correct?

Additionally, could you please provide guidance on the optimal solution for importing the same ID with different EMP types? Also, I'm interested in understanding all the permutation combinations for the inactivation of any EMP type. Specifically, if one or more EMP types are inactive, we need to deactivate the entire identity. However, if at least one EMP type is active, the entire identity should be active, with the option to deactivate only the inactive personas of EMP types.

I appreciate your insights and suggestions.

1 REPLY 1

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • User should have unique identifier irrespective of employee type
  • Yes saviynt store data in temp table and using inline processor you can manipulate logic from other user information for populating title etc

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.