Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Set specific value via Analytics

CyberPizzaCat
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

We have a use case where we wish to push a specific value into a custom property to accounts from an analytics query, the attribute is then synced into the target system.

Simplified:  Users targeted by analytics should push value '1' into customproperty1

Query:

SELECT
accountkey AS 'acctKey',
'1' as 'customproperty26',
'updateAccount' AS Default_Action_For_Analytics
FROM
accounts
WHERE
status in ('1','Manually Provisioned')
AND lastlogondate <= (curdate()-90)

11 REPLIES 11

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

What is the issue? Refer below document for details:

Update Account

When Update Account is configured as an allowed action, it updates an account in EIC. When this action is performed on a record, an Update Account task is created for updating the account in the target application.

The Analytics query must have the columns given below:
acctKey - Stores accountkey of the account which has to be updated.

Sample query:

• Schedule from Run All V2 Analytics Job

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter17-EIC-Analytics/Managing-An...

select a.name,a.accountkey as acctKey, endpointkey, 'UpdateAccount' as Default_Action_For_Analytics from accounts a;

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Hello, 

The issue is I am attempting to manually set and define the value, I understand that the update account task is created however my intention is to push a specific value into the database. 

Traditionally this would be performed via a manual upload, however that is not feasible to dedicate a person to performing this task regularly.

Goal: Set the value '1' as custompropertyX when updating the account

So when the update account task is completed, isnt the CP1 value updated in accounts table?

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

To my dismay unfortunately not, hence this post seeking assistance. An account update task isn't created in general, however that may be due to my lack of understanding.

If there is a better approach I am open to options.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Share report configuration screenshot 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

CyberPizzaCat
New Contributor
New Contributor

CyberPizzaCat_0-1694441368134.png

Can you try below? U in capital for UpdateAccount

'UpdateAccount' as Default_Action_For_Analytics

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi

SELECT accountkey AS 'acctKey', '1' as 'customproperty26', 'Update Account' AS Default_Action_For_Analytics,endpointkey
FROM accounts WHERE status in ('1","Manually Provisioned') AND lastlogondate <= (curdate()-90)

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

CyberPizzaCat
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello, 

Thanks for the assistance, the update tasks are being generated however it still does not set '1' into customproperty26. 

CyberPizzaCat
New Contributor
New Contributor

Update: 
I was stupidly trying to perform an action utilizing the wrong method, to correct this I had to update the DISABLEACCOUNTJSON so when the analytics triggered it would assign the correct value to the endpoint.

"EP Attribute": "${if(user.customproperty66.equals('true')){'9'} else if(task?.source=='ANALYTICS_V2'){'1'} else {'2'}}"

You need to modify JSON in order to pass correct value , from query you can't pass any value directly to update account task.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak