Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Saviynt 2020.1: Where are the TRACE logs?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 2 2021 at 16:05 UTC

I am getting an "... error importing data" when using the Workday SOAP connector to import users into SSM so I configured Saviynt to display TRACE logs to troubleshoot.
In Admin > Settings > Logger Configuration, set the following Loggers to TRACE:
  • Controller com.saviynt.ecm.utility.domain.FlatViewJobController
  • Service com.saviynt.ecm.integration.ExternalConnectionCallService
  • Service com.saviynt.provisioning.SoapProvisioningService
  • Service com.saviynt.provisioning.workday.WorkdayCommonUtilityService
  • Service com.saviynt.provisioning.workday.WorkdayImportService

In Admin > Application Log, I don't see any TRACE log entry in the logs files available. Should there be a trace log file? The files I see are debug, custom, warn, info and error log. Would a trace log entry have a TRACE on each line in the logs files? Do I need to update another configuration file to see TRACE entries?
This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
2 REPLIES 2

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 3 2021 at 17:23 UTC

A Saviynt consultant just told me, DEBUG is the lowest log level that will be printed in a log file, which is why setting the level to TRACE did nothing.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 2 2021 at 23:03 UTC

This is not helpful. When troubleshooting connectors you need a way to see what is happening. For obvious reasons this not something, you leave running forever.