Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Reset systemUserName for existing users

Akumar00
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello Team,

I am requesting your assistance in order to resolve an issue being observed. The sAMAccount (AD creation) and mailbox creation are configured to happen with systemUserName. A logic has been placed for systemUserName generation rule to handle duplicate users (by appending digits)

It has been observed that user's already existing in environment got their systemUserName updated with digits appended as Saviynt considered accounts table and found that user to be existing. This has caused issues in provisioning/deprovisioning for existing users whereas new users are correclty getting onboarded/disabled

I am seeking your assistance in understanding if there is any possible way to reset systemUserName values from Saviynt itself for only existing users (created before a particular date(manual updates are not working on systemUserName field).  Or any other optimal solution to handle the scenario.

The issues can be summarized as below:

a) saviynt is updating systemUserName at irregular intervals for the users already existing in environment even after rule generation is defined in Global Config

b) The logic placed for systemUserName generation was to append digits if any duplicate account is created/imported. But the users already existing in Saviynt and have no systemUserName, after adding rules in Global Config, these users systemUserName got appended with 1 as they existed in accounts table. Requesting assistance to reset systemusernames of all such users at once

Regards,
Amit Kumar

[This post has been edited by a Moderator to merge two posts.]

1 REPLY 1

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Akumar00 

Can you let me know how are you trying to reset system username method. Also once system username is set it doesnt get regenerated untill the value is made blank, Now as you are saying for old users it is set after some rule has run , its a expected behavior as the value is blank it will try to generate it.

You can change the values by uploading  users via csv file with specific systemusername or make it blank and try to regenerate it again.

Thanks

Darshan