Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Replacing default ROLE_SAV_ENDUSER with our custom one

PascalMontreuil
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello guys,

we are a new team on the verge of putting in production our SAVIYNT solution and we've notice that all of our user are having by default the ROLE_SAV_ENDUSER.  With that Role, they have to much access to the system, like having access to the Admin but and Job control panel.  So we've created our own ROLE_ENDUSER with less access.

So my questions are these, first, how do we remove or replace all of our users ROLE_SAV_ENDUSER with our new one?

Second, how was the ROLE_SAV_ENDUSER was giving in the first place?

In the connection of our authority source with our HR system, i see that we can add our default custom  ROLE_ENDUSER, so i think that for joiners and leavers cases, we only have those birthright right now, it will give them our new role, can some confirm?

Thank you guys for the support, looking forward to grow and collaborate more with you guys.

Pascal Montreuil
3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Can you check externalconfig.properties for below property 

#job.ecm.imp.file.defaultrole=ROLE_ADMIN

To replace all roles you can do using saviynt 4 saviynt connector or from  SAV Role -> Users  & add /Remove users

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

PascalMontreuil
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello Rushikesh,

for the first answer, do you want me to check this in the workbench? : #job.ecm.imp.file.defaultrole=ROLE_ADMIN

For this one, i don't want to remove and replace 900 users one by one so i need to create a technical rule or user update rule for this on directly in the connector ? 

Pascal Montreuil

job.ecm.imp.file.defaultrole is exist in externalconfig.properties file located on UI 

Admin - Setting - Configuration Files - externalconfig.properties

rushikeshvartak_0-1664808004517.png

You can technical rule like below (make sure you have saviynt 4 Saviynt Connector)

rushikeshvartak_1-1664808067714.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.